IUWASH JOB VACANCIES 2020
(JOB CODE: STTA/BDS_JKT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities, and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector, and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of Individual Consultant to provide capacity building for Business Development Services (BDS) in Jakarta for National Office (JOB CODE: STTA/BDS_JKT)
The objective of the assistance is to provide capacity building for such potential entities that will serve as BDS. With the assistance, these potential BDS will
- Sufficiently ready to become BDS in the sanitation sector. This is proven by having a company profile that contains their technical assistance in the sanitation sector, has a set of marketing tools to advertise their services, have a business plan, have a training and mentoring package for sanitation entrepreneurs, and are prepared to become an adequate consultant in the sanitation sector.
- Increase the ability of the candidate of BDS to train and assist Sanitation Entrepreneurs to increase their capacity in building septic tanks, marketing, managing businesses, and selling their products according to SNI standards, which acknowledged from the increased sales and knowledge of these Sanitation Entrepreneurs
Scope of Works
Under the supervision of the Business Enabling Specialist, the tasks and responsibilities of the Consultant will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Conducting a desk review of relevant reference materials, including those from USAID IUWASH PLUS and any others that may be relevant.
- Developing an assessment program to assess the ability of current BDS candidates and as a reference for identifying the types of major business provided by Business Development Services (BDS);
- Assist and support BDS for any capacity building needed to strengthen their business. This includes but not limited to technical, finance, marketing, business development, etc.
- Develop training and technical assistance materials for BDS,
- Conducting training and technical assistance to BDS in provide services in the sanitation sector
- Assist BDS in developing a Business Plan and promotion tools.
- Assessment plan report
- Assessment results
- BDS Profile and Business Plan
- Training and mentoring plan and materials for BDS, including plans for BDS training and assistance to Sanitation Entrepreneurs
- Promotion Tools
- Periodic status updates
Minimum General Qualifications:
- Possess at least a university degree (S1) majoring in economy, business, or any related background.
- At least 3-years experience providing technical assistance or as a Business Consultant, preferably in similar issues.
- Experiences in assessment, developing training and technical assisting materials, and ToT for other institutions
- Able to work independently in limited supervision/facility in his/her designated areas;
- Excellent team player with a range of people, excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in visual communication design.
Expected Start Date: November – December 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before November 1, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.