ECONUSA FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
The EcoNusa Foundation is a non-profit organization aiming to enhance various local Papuan initiatives at the national and international levels in promoting sustainable natural resource management. The organization was founded on 21 July 2017 in Jakarta. In achieving the goal, EcoNusa Foundation encourages the development of the capacity of civil society organizations to organize advocacy, campaigns, communication with the engagement and dialogue among stakeholders in promoting sustainable natural resource management and the values of transparency, conservation, and equity. We work on several projects which, among others, focus on local community resilience, policy advocacy, communication hubs in Eastern Indonesia, and local economic development.
The Econusa urgently invites the best, most-talented and highly-motivated individuals to apply for the following vacancies:
- Post Title: Safety and Security Coordinator
- Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Duty Station: 50% in Jakarta and 50% in Papua
- Job Type: Full Time (1 year)
- Level: Officer
PURPOSE OF JOB
She or he will develop and oversee the implementation of program access and security management systems and protocols in line with EcoNusa operations, program implementation, duty of care principles, and EcoNusa Strategy. She or he will identify changes and trends in the EcoNusa program and security environment in Indonesia in particular focus on Eastern Indonesia, develop and oversee the implementation of responsive plans, standard operating procedures and contingency plans, and facilitate training and capacity building of EcoNusa staff and partners of organization. She or he will provide expert on safety and security risk management advice to all levels of EcoNusa staff in the operation site on building relationships with stakeholders, negotiating and mediating, contextual understanding, managing critical incidents, and providing timely advisories. She or he will work closely with the Operations Director and the field security focal point to ensure that organizational security policies and procedures are responsive to the context, adequate and known to staff, and in line with the safety and security standards. Working closely with the Program Director, Communication Manager and Coordinator, she or he will help maximize the effectiveness of EcoNusa activities by contributing to the design and ongoing adaptation of programming to ensure it is contextually appropriate.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work to encourage stakeholders to work with the EcoNusa in ensuring that staff and programs are safe and allowed to continue Program activities.
- Work with appropriate EcoNusa units, including HR, to ensure timely and appropriate follow-up to violations of EcoNusa Code of Conduct.
- Provide technical support on all policies, procedures, guidelines, and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity in Indonesia and programs sites.
- Evaluate, review and update the security management plans on a regular basis in compliance with the safety and security standards and requirements.
- Work with Field Coordinators to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and programmatic contingency plans that respond to different emergency scenarios.
- Maintain a network of EcoNusa Security Focal Points at each field office and program sites.
- Evaluate, review and update the hibernation and evacuation plans for all EcoNusa offices and residences in Indonesia and program site and ensure that the practical preparations are in place and known to all staff involved
- Undertake continual assessments of equipment, and the protocols by which that equipment is used, to ensure that minimal conditions for security are being met.
- Provide and implement best possible solutions for use of equipment to facilitate communication between staff, including here proposing safe alternative means of communication and equipment.
- Ensure safety and security protocol, reporting mechanism, and capacity building initiative account for gender-specific risks, staff profiles and background, and are sensitive to local contexts.
- Identify, create and maintain a network with NGO and other access and security specialists suitable for the region.
- Compile and submit regular reports that track incidents and trends in humanitarian access and local security contexts within the EcoNusa area of operation.
- Work closely with EcoNusa field management teams to ensure all incidents are followed up with an official written report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately. Ensure that final incident reports are provided when EcoNusa is closing the case.
- Monitor the operating environment in the region, identify new threats, assess EcoNusa vulnerabilities and recommend possible responses.
- Develop and provide regular trainings for EcoNusa staff on safety and security preparedness in line with the Security Capacity Development Strategy. Training(s) may include Standard Operational Procedures; Negotiations; Contextual Understanding; Safety & Security Risk Management; Incident Management &Reporting; etc.
- Advise program and field management teams on context-specific risks pertaining safety and security, and contribute to the development and implementation of mitigation measures and plans.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the EcoNusa Policies and Procedures, and communicates through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- University degree of Management, Political Sciences, or related field, preferred. Technical degree or certification in related field with significant applicable experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of safety and security management with 2-3 years of non-profit or NGO and within international humanitarian assistance programs with demonstrated capabilities in planning, organizing and executing humanitarian security operations in the field.
- Understanding the humanitarian principles, code of conduct and specific intricacies of delivery essential of services and work linked to NGO field and operations contexts.
- Understanding of local context, dynamics, and access limitations related gender, disability, religion, tradition, and local norms.
- Knowledge in communications technology, including, satellite communications, cell phone mediums, etc. is a plus.
- Strong experience as a trainer; ability to develop, implement, facilitate and impart learning to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in gaining a precise and impartial understanding of local, regional and international policies, operational positions, and interactions, providing clear dynamic briefings and analysis of given and unfolding security and political situations when they occur.
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Experience in working successfully with local stakeholders such as local and international NGOs, government, etc. with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to design and lead training engagements with staff and partners to enhance skills and adapt to changing program demands.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to Travel: 50% travel, within Indonesia.
- Internal: work closely with all unit in Econusa.
- External: collaborate with local partners and office representative.
This job description above covers the main tasks for the position of Safety and Security Coordinator. Additional duties may be entailed as suggested by the organization and within the reasonableness of the levels of skill and experience.
Please submit your letter of application and recent curriculum vitae which summarizes how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities of this position by email to email@example.com with subject “Safety and Security Coordinator” no later than November 1, 2020.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be notified