CARDNO EMERGING MARKETS JOB VACANCIES 2020
INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDING AND FINANCING (IFF) ADVISER
The position provides high-quality advice & analysis to improve KIAT’s approaches in the activity design & delivery in its IFF portfolio.
The position will provide high-quality advice and analysis to improve KIAT’s approaches in the design and delivery of activities in its infrastructure funding and financing portfolio. The Adviser will identify opportunities to strengthen KIAT activities, effectiveness, and performance.
KIAT may select several candidates for the position to form the basis of an advisory pool for selected assignments with specific tasking and duration.
This role also involves the following key activities:
- Draft the Infrastructure Funding and Financing Strategy for KIAT Phase Two
- Provide advice on sector opportunities to leverage private sector participation in developing infrastructure projects, ranging from the most opportunistic investment to more prudent project investments
- Provide specific advice and management support for the design, implementation, progress benchmarking, and performance of infrastructure funding and financing portfolio activities
- Review activity technical reports (including of external sub-contractors) to ensure quality and consistency with KIAT requirements
- Provide advice, including in briefing note format, on identified sectoral issues and considerations around KIAT support and investment
- Establish a process for mainstreaming infrastructure funding and financing components across new activities, with accompanying implementation and monitoring support
- Present as a KIAT expert/specialist across a range of counterpart and client meeting formats
- Support the tasking, feedback, document review, performance management, and professional mentoring of KIAT’s infrastructure funding and finance team
- Produce inputs for the production of infrastructure funding and financing communications materials, including written content
- Technical assistance, capacity building, and training as agreed with KIAT partners relating to infrastructure funding and financing
- Ensure that consultations, meetings, and decision-making processes include representations of gender
- Ensure that all key activities consider opportunities to strengthen Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) outcomes during implementation, and where relevant consider the feasibility of engaging with civil society to enhance these outcomes.
This link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection: CLICK HERE
You will be a motivated and proactive Infrastructure Funding and Financing Adviser with the right combination of talent, energy, and a commitment to technical excellence. You have:
- Advanced qualifications in engineering, economics, finance, law, international development, or related discipline
- At least 15 years’ experience in the design and delivery of infrastructure programs and activities, including funding and financing mechanisms
- Established expertise regarding the Indonesian infrastructure sector and related laws, policies, and political economy
- Demonstrated experience in the development of strategic papers and complex policy advice to senior government representatives
- Advanced knowledge and practice in infrastructure project preparation and facilitating private sector investment, including public-private partnerships
- Experience in designing and delivering international development funded programs and activities
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge and understanding of the different needs of different stakeholders such as women, the elderly, people with disabilities, and others with special mobility needs.
- A record of achievement in research and publication related to the assignment
- Verbal and written communication in Bahasa Indonesia.
This is a short-term assignment, up to 120 days over 12 months. The remuneration is based on DFAT standard ARF rates (assessed as ARF classification D4). Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia Untuk Infrastruktur – KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
- Statement (of up to 1,000 words) addressing the candidate’s skills and experience, and outlining the relevance to the role
- Two referee names, position details, and contact information
The position closes on 16 November 2020
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing, and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Cardno is committed to Safety and the Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH), Child Protection, and bribery prevention. We want to engage with the right people to deliver our client programs. As part of our approach, you will be subjected to formal background screening, criminal record checks, employment verification, and periodic compliance checks. All Cardno staff receive safety, compliance, and safeguards training and are responsible for contributing to a safer working culture.
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE