IUWASH PLUS JOB VACANCIES 2020
(JOB CODE: FPICA/BDS_EJRO)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities, and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector, and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of Individual Consultant to Provide Assistance to Regional BDS; Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani in Lumajang District (JOB CODE: FPICA/BDS_EJRO)
The primary objective of the Consultant is to provide assistance to KPSPAMS Tirtosani Association in:
- Introduction to the types of business major provided by Business Development Services (BDS)
- Documenting and compiling training and mentoring materials for Sanitation Entrepreneurs
- Training of Trainers (ToT) and assisting to become a consultant for Sanitation Entrepreneurs
- Prepare a Business Plan as Business Development Services (BDS) in the sanitation sector
- Creating promotional materials for the provision of Business Development Services.
- Train Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani to have business ability
In order to determine the form of assistance required by each institution, she/he will prepare assessment materials. Training and mentoring for the three BDS were provided based on the results of the assessment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Working with USAID IUWASH PLUS East Java Regional Office team and USAID IUWASH PLUS National, she/he will support to provide capacity building to Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani as local prospective BDS.
The responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop assessment tools to provide assistance for Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani
- Assist Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani to get know more about the Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani as Business Development Services (BDS) business sector
- Prepare documentation of various training and assistance materials for Sanitation Entrepreneurs
- Conduct Training to Trainers (ToT) to Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani as consultant for Sanitation Entrepreneurs
- Assist Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani in preparing a Business Plan as BDS for the sanitation sector
- Assist Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani in developing promotional material packages for the provision of Business Development Services
- Assist Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani as Business Development Services (BDS) so that they are able to assist the member KPSPAMS/KPP and or prospective sanitation entrepreneurs so they can be sanitation entrepreneur
Reporting and Delivery Schedule
Consultant required to submit reports, directly to the USAID IUWASH PLUS Regional East Java team and will receive guidance on administrative matters. The report preparation process should coordinate with WASH Facilitator Lumajang District and be supervised by Microfinance and Business Enabling Specialists. In addition, other relevant issues can coordinate with Behavior Change / Marketing Specialist and Sanitation Engineer.
Consultant must submit Inception Report, Intermediate Report, and Final Report, which must follow the scheduled time of delivery, as follows:
- Inception reports including implementation methodology, work plan, time of execution should be submitted no later than two weeks after the contract signed / Work Order Letter.
- Intermediate Report including result of assist Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani to have training and mentoring materials for sanitation entrepreneurs, ToT, and assisting by Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani as consultant for sanitation entrepreneurs, should be submitted no later than the end of the first week of the fourth month.
- Final Report, including Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani business plan and promotional materials to offer Asosiasi KPSPAMS Tirtosani services to sanitation entrepreneurs, summarizing work, issues, and constraints, and recommendation, delivered no later than one week after the end of the contract/end of the sixth month.
- Draft reports may be submitted in digital format, then after approval must be submitted in hard copy (3 copies) and digital format.
Minimum General Qualifications:
Manpower required for this program is most preferably stay in Lumajang District or around the region, so he/she knows better about Lumajang District (location, community, characteristic, sanitation access, etc) with the following qualifications:
Education Background (20%)
- S-1 bachelor’s degree, in social or other relative disciplines.
Working Method (50%)
- Understand Business Development Services.
- Good coordination with local government and institutions.
- Take advantage of facilitating the sanitation sector.
- Project result oriented.
Pass Performance (30%)
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Business Development Services.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the sanitation sector.
- Preferably having work experience in NGO/government projects in sanitation.
Preferably having work experience in local institutions development/assistance
This activity plan is informed to the public through the internet media. Anyone who meets the requirements may submit a Curriculum Vitae that demonstrates the experience of carrying out similar work.
Expected Start Date: November – December 2020
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before November 8, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.