CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2020
HIV Laboratory Activity Manager
- JOB TITLE: HIV Laboratory Activity Manager
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Senior HIV/AIDS Manager
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and is being implemented by Chemonics International. In Indonesia, the project provides technical assistance in supply chain management of health commodities, in support of HIV/AIDS and TB programs. At the national level, the project provides support to the Directorate of Infectious Disease Control (Sub Directorate for HIV/AIDS and Sub Directorate for TB), as well as the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. The project provides support at the provincial level as well, in Jakarta and Papua Provinces.
Chemonics International Inc. seeks The HIV Laboratory Activity Manager will be primarily providing support in implementing data connectivity for GeneXpert and other TB/HIV diagnostics, collecting and analyzing key laboratory data for diagnostics and decision making within the National TB Program, as well as providing recommendations for improving data transmission and supply chain operations within the program. This position will report to the Senior HIV/AIDS Manager of the GHSC-PSM Project in Jakarta.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist NTP/NAP in implementing data connectivity software – work closely with the M&E and laboratory teams at NTP to ensure that data is properly transmitting to the desired level.
- Analyze data on TB diagnostics and provide recommendations to the program based on this analysis.
- Develop a performance report to track the timeliness and accuracy of data reporting from PHOs, DHOs, and facilities.
- Provide feedback/recommendations for improving TB laboratory commodities data quality and reliability.
- Provide technical assistance to NTP in developing an early warning stock out monitoring system and stock availability tool for LPA, culture, and DST.
- Assist NTP with collecting and analyzing GeneXpert data through the use of third-party software and paper-based systems.
- Develop and update GeneXpert equipment operational status reports, including calibration and maintenance schedules.
- Provide assistance to NRLs for data collection and analysis for LPA, GeneXpert, culture, and DST.
- Work closely with the GHSC-PSM M&E Manager to develop project indicators and a monitoring system.
- Assist the MoH to maintain a recording and reporting system, periodically evaluate its effectiveness, and recommend adjustments as necessary to ensure the availability of accurate and useful data.
- Maintain open communication and good working relationships with Subdit TB and Subdit HIV/AIDS, as well as other key partners.
- Foster relationships and communication between relevant government stakeholders, as well as external technical partners.
- Support the GHSC-PSM country team in managing other tasks as and when required.
- Provide assistance to the Senior HIV/AIDS Manager for data collection, analysis, preparing PowerPoint presentations, budgets, and other project-related tasks.
- Represent the organization as and when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in laboratory sciences or Public Health sector or a related field with 4-7 years of proven relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to digital data connectivity in public health and/or development programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of laboratory commodity supply chain concepts.
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse settings.
- Ability to work independently and to manage various priorities on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel within Indonesia and possibly internationally on short notice.
- Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database, and presentation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with database development will be an additional advantage.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Good writing and communications skills in English as well as in Bahasa Indonesia is required.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The HIV Laboratory Activity Manager will be supervised by the GHSC-PSM project Senior HIV/AIDS Manager, with substantial input from the Head of the Subdirectorate for TB or his/her designee.
When you are interested in the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with E-mail subject: HIV Laboratory Activity Manager – your name
DEADLINE: November 5th, 2020