IUWASH PLUS JOB VACANCIES 2020
(JOB CODE: FPICA/BPSBL_NSRO)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities, and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector, and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of Consultant Individual for Review of Business Plan and Adjustment of Standard Operation Procedure (SOP’s) of PDAM Tirta Nauli – Kota Sibolga, NSRO (JOB CODE: FPICA/BPSBL_NSRO)
The objective is to improve PDAM Tirta Nauli Sibolga performance through: Review the Business Plan of PDAM Tirta Nauli Sibolga based on Regulation of the Minister of Home Affairs No.118 Year 2018, Regarding Business Plan, Work-plan and Budget, Cooperation, Reporting and Evaluation of Provincially/ Municipally – Owned Corporation (BUMD); Adjustment of standard operating procedure which refers to the organizational structure and work procedures of PDAM Tirta Nauli Sibolga.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review of business plan are as follows but not limited to:
- Establish PDAM Tirta Nauli Business Plan development by involving internal team meetings and discussion,
- Identify and agree on PDAM vision and mission,
- Identification and analysis of both internal and external aspects including SWOT analysis and Risk Management.
- Evaluation of water demand, preparation of future and on-going program (Capex) and PDAM strategic plan,
- Fill-in all required input data related to business plan financial projection prepared by IUWASH PLUS standard simulation (developed by IUWASH PLUS)
- Conduct business plan presentations to the Director and Supervisory Board,
- Support business plan workshops (All related stakeholders)
- Finalize Business Plan including Obtain commitment of respective LGs for implementation of programs in accordance with the approved Business Plan, including measures to safeguard raw water sources and increase access to low-income communities.
- Adjustment of standard operating procedure which refers to the organizational structure and work procedures of PDAM Tirta Nauli Sibolga:
- Program socialization to PDAM management and related staff.
- Establish PDAM SOP Development Team the requirements of PDAM.
- Conduct assessment related to the availability of SOP’s and identify SOP needs as well as problems related to SOP implementation.
- SOP Training (how to establish SOP’s and how to implement SOP’s) for relevant staff or SOP Development Team PDAM.
- Conduct preparation of SOP’s in accordance with what is needed by the PDAM as a priority.
- Conduct workshops of result technical assistance SOP’s.
- Finalize SOP’s including obtaining commitment of each PDAM to implement SOP.
Minimum General Qualifications:
The Specialist required for this program preferably stays in around Sibolga and North Sumatera region with the following qualifications:
- Most expected has civil engineer or sanitation engineer background with 3 years’ experiences in PDAM capacity building program,
- But possible for other backgrounds since he/she has strong experience in the capacity building process with local government with 5 years’ experience.
- Working experience with USAID Projects will be an advantage.
Expected Start Date: January 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before November 8, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.