INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2020/045
- Position Title: Temporary HR Clerk
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Organization Unit: Human Resources
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-3
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract for 4.5 months, the whole period of initial contract shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to: National Human Resources Officer (NHRO)
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 15 November 2020
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the NHRO, the incumbent will provide assistance in human resources activities for IOM Mission in Indonesia. S/he will be working in close coordination with all DRM and projects/ operational units and other staffs in Jakarta and the Mission.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide assistance in recruitment process: post the vacancy notices, keep and save all the applications letter in HR folders, do the long-listing and submit the long-listed application to the concerned unit/user; arrange interviews of candidates and written test in coordination with other HR team members and field HR focal points; assist to carry out reference checks for short-listed candidates; arrange induction briefings and medical examination for new incoming staff; and assist coordinating e-mail creation of new staff.
- Assist in preparation and process of all personal records and documents relating to the staff members, in particular for the area responsibility under HR Assistant II. This includes data entry, update and maintain the personnel data of national, on-call staff and interns in PRISM HR for hiring and extension process, and entitlements. Assist in the distribution of contract documents and if needed, for the sub-offices.
- Keep record of activities performed by the Human Resources unit, classify materials for filing and coordinate with the colleagues in the unit. Create and maintain personnel files (contracts, Personnel Actions (PAs), personal data, supporting documents, etc) of national staff, consultants/interns and all international staff in the mission. Keep the confidentiality of all data/records.
- Assist in monitoring the national/on-call staff’s attendance/leave/working hours record in the respective areas of responsibility in coordination with HR focal points in the field.
- Maintain and update Staff Database, prepare monthly staffing movement and Staff Count records and UN Quarter List.
- Coordinate with other HR colleagues in handling national staff’s entry, annual and exit medical examinations.
- Prepare supporting documents for payroll processing for National staffs.
- Provide back up to track Travel Authorizations (TA) by assigning a unique number to the TAs submitted by all staff member in the mission.
- Provide support and assistance in arranging staff training and learning events at Mission Indonesia.
Assist back up to Front desk tasks.
- Support the preparation and distribution of official IOM Identifications for all staffs.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in economy management, Human Resources or Business Administration, with one year of relevant working experience, or;
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge of Human Resources or Management.
- At least 1 year of experience in HR or administration.
- Proficient in computer applications (advanced Excel, Word processing, etc.).
- Familiarity with UN and IOM working environment is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate and security clearances.
IOM applies local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and minimum three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2020/045) as subject. The deadline for applications is 15 November 2020.
Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered