SNV NETHERLANDS DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
Request for Expressions of Interest (EoI) for Individual Consultants: Utility finance expert/economist
SNV is looking for a utility finance expert to conduct a life cycle cost analysis, establish tariff scenarios including pro-poor mechanisms, and to support the establishment of the business plans of sanitation facilities (wastewater treatment plants and fecal sludge treatment plants) in Indonesia. The consultant will be part of a team with two other consultants (one technical specialist and one institutional specialist).
- Duty Station: Home-based, with remote data collection in three cities
- Level of effort: 58 working days maximum
- Period: As soon as possible – until March 2021
- Language: Fluent in English and Bahasa
- Main tasks will consist of: desk review, data collection (with local facilitators), coordination with team members and stakeholders, attendance to online meetings, data analysis, and reports writing.
SNV Netherlands Development Organization (SNV) is an international not-for-profit development organization established in 1965 in the Netherlands. Our global team of advisors use their specialized expertise in Agriculture, Energy, and WASH to improve the health and livelihoods of millions of people, with a focus on the poor and marginalized groups. SNV has been working in Indonesia since 2013.
Essential Criteria for Pre-Qualification
- Utility finance expert/economist with at least 10 years of relevant professional experience in utility financial management, including life cycle cost analyses and business plans (track record needed).
- Experience with water or sanitation utilities is not obligatory but is a plus.
- Fluency in Bahasa and in English, including the capacity to draft report in English, is a must.
- Strong organization skills and the capacity to work independently with minimum supervision.
Qualified individual consultants are invited to submit their EoI consisting of:
- An updated CV in English (3 pages max)
- A cover letter including availability and expected daily rate – fees only (1-page max)
- A relevant sample of work
The contact of 2 referees
to email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org by the latest on November 11th. Prequalified consultants will receive the full terms of reference for the position. Kindly note that qualified consultants may be contacted before the deadline.