UCLG ASPAC JOB VACANCIES 2020
UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organisation (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS) set up in Ghent (Belgium) in 1913, in Aix-les-Bains (France) in 1957 and in Paris (France) in 1985, respectively. UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC’s Secretariat is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments and the officially recognized voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 cities and local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates economically fast-developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments, and their associations, and facilitates programs, networks and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and the associations. Moreover, UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies that safeguard equality, social and economic justice, and sustainable development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development comprising local economic development, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralization, municipal finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment, and good governance.
Following the expansion of its Secretariat and to support the increased cooperation of cities and local governments, UCLG ASPAC hires professional and dynamic people to fill the Finance and Accounting Assistant (FAA).
The Finance and Accounting Assistant is assigned to perform by applying knowledge of Finance and Accounting System, compile and review information for accuracy and maintain records.
Objective and goal:
To perform cash and bank transactions, verify supporting documentation, and to maintain records according to UCLG ASPAC standards and finance and accounting policies.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Finance-Accounting Manager.
- Manage daily petty cash and reconciliation.
- Review and follow up on invoices. Ensure company financial accounts, such as credit cards, bills, are paid on time
- Review and comply to the project’s budgets.
- Received and review all payment requests. Maintained all requests in the Log Book.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients/vendors.
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the Finance Accounting Manager.
- Assist the Finance & Accounting Officer and Finance & Budget Officer on daily basis to ensure smooth and robust Financial Management in UCLG-ASPAC
- Adhere to the UCLG-ASPAC financial policies and procedures.
- Assist Finance-Accounting Manager in UCLC ASPAC membership management
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related fields.
- Minimum a two (2) years professional working experience in a similar position in a not-for-profit organization and/or an International Organizations.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office and Accounting software.
- Honest, trustworthy and demonstrate sound work ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to do budgeting and financial and administrative reporting.
- Ability to quickly establish professional rapport with colleagues and other persons.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines required.
- Experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Effective verbal, presentation, and listening communication skills.
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn and grow.
- Monthly financial progress report.
- Monthly consolidated financial work plan and activities.
- Filing system, but not limited to project assets and expenditures.
The post will be supervised by the Finance and Accounting Officer, Finance and Grants Officer, and by the Finance Manager.
How to apply:
Please submit your application letter and current CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill the email “Subject” Column of the email in the format: <position applied> – <your name>
Closing date: 20 November 2020 (COB 5.00 PM) – Only the qualified candidate(s) will be contacted