WILLIAM & LILY FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
Scope of Work
Communication Consultancy for William & Lily Foundation
- Position Title: Communication & Outreach Consultant
- Location: Jakarta
- Reporting to: Director
- Duration of Assignment: 12 Months (maximum of 10 days level of efforts per month, estimated)
- Type of Contract: Consultancy, Part-Time
About William & Lily Foundation (WLF)
WLF is an Indonesian-based philanthropic foundation established in 2009 as an outgrow of the philanthropic legacy of William and Lily Soeryadjaya. As an active grant-making foundation, WLF works closely with implementation partners on four focus areas: education, healthcare, economic empowerment, and enabling environment. WLF is committed to impactful and responsible interventions in its efforts to empower underprivileged communities across Indonesia. Although the scope of WLF philanthropic endeavors is countrywide, its current geographical focus centers on eastern Indonesia.
As part of its ongoing growth and commitment to share good practices and learning of WLF’s funded projects, the Foundation plans to strengthen its communication and outreach design to better reflect these needs and to improve engagement with the relevant stakeholders (mainly but not limited to local government and civil society organizations) and the beneficiaries. Therefore, WLF needs to develop and implement a communications strategy that will serve as a framework to increase program reach, awareness, and visibility as well as affecting changes in knowledge, perception, and attitudes of target beneficiaries and partners in WLF’s area of work.
The Communication & Outreach Consultant provides support and executes implementation of WLF’s communications & outreach strategy, including managing regular communication updates.
Scopes of Work
The Communication & Outreach Consultant’s key responsibilities are:
- Lead the fine-tuning of WLF’s website in relation to sharing knowledge and delivering strong and robust dissemination of information on WLF’s programs, activities, impact and influencing work
- In collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting & Learning Manager, regularly update the website and as necessary performing data collection and other related tasks
- In coordination with the WLF team, developing knowledge products, including but not limited to reports, newsletters, stories, briefing notes, press releases, impact video productions, etc.
- Implement the dissemination of knowledge products and activities through selected and easy-to-access methods and/or platforms, including the use of audio-visual materials and social media platforms where appropriate
- When required, to some extent providing mentoring for WLF’s partners in terms of communication and outreach related activities
- Guidelines for WLF Communication & Outreach Strategy, specifically fine-tune WLF’s current media and branding template
- Operational and regularly updated published and shared information to WLF’s partners and stakeholders
- Communication & outreach work plan
- Periodic reporting (preferably on monthly basis) to WLF highlighting main activities, challenges, plan for next activities
- At least Bachelor’s degree or similar advanced degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related disciplines
- At least five years of demonstrated leadership in communication, with experience developing and executing strategies in international or development/social sector organizations
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships in order to work effectively within a complex environment involving both external and internal stakeholders
- Advance knowledge, and experience in overseeing the production of communication materials, media relations, high-level events, infographics, videos, websites, webinars, and other multimedia web content
- Excellent skills in presentation, communication/developing materials
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in design and publishing software
- Outstanding team management skills and thorough enjoyment of leading and mentoring individuals in their professional development
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills, including synthesizing information
- Proficiency (written and spoken) in English & Indonesian
- Independent thinking with an openness to, and enthusiasm for new ideas and new strategies
Interpersonal Skills & Cultural Awareness:
- Good interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen, and respect for colleagues
- Persistent, team player, high commitment to work, independent, good interpersonal communication skills, multi-tasker
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, deliver high-quality products, and work under pressure
- Cultural sensitivity and a demonstrated understanding of development challenges nationally as well as globally
For interested candidates, please submit your updated CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17:00 Jakarta time, Friday, 13 November 2020. Please use the subject line: Application for Communication & Outreach Consultant.