CHEMONICS INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2020
Senior Finance Officer
- JOB TITLE: Senior Finance Officer
- JOB LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
- REPORTS TO: Senior Finance Manager or his/her designee
- PROJECT: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Indonesia
The USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain-Procurement & Supply Management project (GHSC-PSM) is being implemented by Chemonics International. The focus of the project in Indonesia is to provide technical assistance in supply chain management to the Ministry of Health for HIV, TB, and laboratory commodities, in support of the national HIV/AIDS and TB programs in the country. At the national level, the project supports the Directorate of Direct Infectious Disease Control (Sub-directorates HIV/AIDS and TB), the Directorate of Quality and Health Services Accreditation (Laboratory services), and the Directorate of Public Medicine and Health Supplies. At the provincial level, the project provides support to Jakarta and Papua provinces.
The Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for assisting the Senior Finance Manager in planning, managing, and implementing all aspects of the project accounting system and for maintaining an accounting database. In addition, he/she is responsible for supervising and overseeing the Finance Assistant and supporting their growth, collecting and recording all information that will facilitate information exchange and dissemination of project financial documentation and records to the Chemonics home office. The Senior Finance Officer will also provide specific support to the Senior Finance Manager in ensuring project compliance with taxation regulations and VAT exemption processes.
Under the supervision of the Senior Finance Manager, the Senior Finance Officer will be responsible for the following:
Cash and Bank
- To ensure the correctness of all payment request and fund availability prior to making payments
- To gather inputs from the Operations Team and Technical Team to be included in the Wire Transfer Request on a monthly basis
- To monitor outstanding advances and ensure its settlement within 30 days
- To verify all payment transactions in Citidirect are correctly made and ready for authorization
- To review WHT Data and TD Reconciliation prior to sending to Tax Consultant for monthly calculation and lodging to Tax Office
- To assist Senior Finance Manager in compiling VAT Exemption packet for further process in MoH, SETNEG and BADORA
- To collect BPJS Kesehatan and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan billing statement from BPJS Office through Tax Consultant
- To review the correctness of the billing statement and process the payment
- To collect BPJS Kesehatan and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan payment receipt from BPJS Office through Tax Consultant
- To prepare draft payroll data for all local staffs on monthly basis for Senior Finance Manager review, Operations Manager acknowledgment, and Country Director approval
- To send final payroll data to Tax Consultant and prepare payroll payment package for Senior Finance Manager review, Operations Manager acknowledgment and Country Director approval
- To maintain payroll filling for audit purposes
- To review draft activity budget against its TOR and ensure it follows GHSC PSM activity guideline
- Support the process of forecasting project expenses to ensure compliance with the project work plan budget
- Explain GAAP, USAID & Chemonics Regulations to all staffs and consultants, as needed
- To assist the Senior Finance Manager in developing SOPs for the project implementation in the finance area
- To serve as coordinator during financial reviews done by FCR or USAID
- To book journal entries to ABACUS
- To make correction entries to ABACUS
- To prepare monthly bank reconciliation
- Supervise the project’s Finance Assistant, including taking overall responsibility for the quality of their work, providing training/guidance for their improvement, and supporting goal setting and achievement for professional development and growth.
- To perform other duties as may be assigned by Senior Finance Manager. Serve as finance lead in the absence of the Senior Finance Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial management for an office of comparable size, including at least three years on a USAID-funded project.
- University degree in accounting, business administration, or another related field.
- Knowledge of USAID and procedures, especially procurement and cost accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Indonesian taxation systems and VAT exemption processes and experience managing, coordinating, and/or supporting VAT exemption for USAID-funded projects to ensure compliance.
- Experience leading payroll processes to ensure compliance with Indonesian labor regulations and company policies.
- Supervisory experience and/or experience in leading and managing high-performing teams preferred.
- Experience with Chemonics accounting software, including Abacus.
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing financial documents, projections, expenditures, and accruals.
- Proven experience leading program planning, budgeting, and financial analysis.
- Familiarity with and proven ability to use standard accounting and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing complex programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia required.
- Authorized to work in Indonesia required.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The Senior Finance Officer will be supervised by the GHSC-PSM Senior Finance Manager or his/her Designee.
When you are interested in the above position and consider that you possess the necessary qualification, please submit your job application consisting of updated curriculum vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with E-mail subject: Senior Finance Officer – your name
DEADLINE: November 13th, 2020