YAYASAN ALAM SEHAT LESTARI JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Reports to: ASRI Executive Director, HIH Grant Manager
- Status: Full-Time (40 hours/week),1-year Contract
- Location: Sukadana, Kab. Kayong Utara, Kalimantan Barat
- Timeline: To start as soon as possible, preferably November 2020.
- Benefits: BPJS Kesehatan, BPJS Ketenagakerjaan, lunch at working days
ASRI works to conserve the biodiversity of tropical rain forests by meeting the health and economic needs of surrounding communities. Since 2007, ASRI has worked near Gunung Palung National Park (GPNP), a 108,000-hectare rain forest in western Borneo that serves as home to 5-10% of the world’s remaining orangutans and a watershed for 60,000 people. The ASRI Clinic and our future hospital provides high-quality, discounted health care to local communities in exchange for commitments to forest conservation. ASRI is a world-renowned organization that has been recognized with multiple awards globally and within Indonesia including the Kalpataru Award. Our integrated work with human health and conservation has brought about a dramatic decline in logging. In 2018, ASRI expanded to a second site: Bukit Baka Bukit Raya National Park (BBBRNP), a 181,090-hectare rainforest in central Borneo, critical for orangutan reintroduction. ASRI’s Planetary Health model will soon be replicated by its US-based sister organization, Health in Harmony (HIH) in Madagascar and Brazil.
ASRI aimed to continue to grow all over Indonesia. Generous grants from foundations, corporations, and individuals, are the cornerstone of this growth. Working with Health in Harmony, we have a successful track record of capturing a portfolio of conservation and health grants and are now ready to quickly expand this portfolio. Candidates with drive, a creative edge for grant capture, experience, and a high level of organization will be well suited for this position. ASRI is a growing team of passionate individuals excited about working together and committed to supporting each other as we pursue our mission to create a healthy planet with healthy people.
ESSENTIALS OF THIS ROLE
Grant Writing (70%)
- Excellent writing and communication skills; including experience writing and designing innovative grants with an eye toward sustainability and cutting-edge trends in the donor landscape.
- Develop grant prospecting process, applications, reporting, and management calendar annually and quarterly, helping guide fundraising strategies, and managing the grant calendar across all channels.
- You will have the support of our Founder, Executive Director, Program Managers, and Board members, as well as HIH, and you will be responsible for coordinating with the team and communicating necessary information (narrative, statistics, budget, etc.)
- Management of all grant reporting, working closely with HIH and ASRI’s team to gather data, stories, photos, etc.
Grant Prospecting and Stewardship (20%)
- Cultivate and grow our relationships with donors and prospective grantors
- Leverage leadership and Board support in relationship development
- Monitor outgoing updates to ensure donors are aware of the work ASRI is doing and attuned to new developments and opportunities for funding.
- Develop annual and five-year prospecting lists and goals to grow the grants portfolio
Events and Other Activities (10%)
- Seek out speaking opportunities, events/conferences, and journalists to increase the reach of ASRI’s message and awareness of our work
- Event support – support occasional fundraising events
- Occasional travel
- Contribute to annual budgeting and program development process and manage strategic investments in grants management
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3-5 years working experience in grant writing, prospecting, and management in a non-profit; working knowledge of current grant writing best practices
- Experience capturing and managing more than IDR. 1 Billion grants
- Financial principles and practices in assigned area of responsibility
- Budgeting principles and practices
- Proven ability to seek out new ideas and ability to implement new initiatives
- Good graphics and design instincts
- Ability and experience working in (and/or virtually with) partners in other countries
- Technical writing
- Logical Framework (Logframe) development
- Grant management systems and working with a fundraising database
- Coordinating activities with other internal departments and/or external organizations
- Developing and monitoring budgets
- Monitoring and evaluation methods (qualitative and quantitative)
- Analyzing and interpreting financial and accounting information
- Designing and implementing finance, budgeting, accounting, and record-keeping systems
- Monitoring compliance with applicable proposals, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations
- Working with diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of our staff and partners
- Utilizing computer technology for communication, data gathering, and reporting activities
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at ASRI.
Please describe how you meet these 5 Preferred Qualifications in your cover letter:
- Experience writing grants.
- What is the biggest grant you have captured and how did you do it?
- Experience in monitoring compliance with Indonesian laws, rules, and regulations for grants and contracts
- Experience coordinating international grants and activities. If you have not done this, please provide another applicable response.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, with a strong equity lens, to support the development of staff from a broad spectrum of backgrounds, identities, and lived experience
- Must be passionate about environmental conservation and community-driven development
- Not smoking
- Must have patience and respect for our grantors, international partners, and supporters; ability to be a front-line of the organization and our grantor point-of-contact in a friendly and professional way
- Must be able to “manage up” and gain credibility, the presence, and confidence to direct and lead in all directions of the org chart
- Detail-oriented and highly organized while managing strategic, long-term goals
- Strong initiative, drive, and self-management to initiate and complete projects; seeking out resources and collaborating as needed
- Able to accept direction from the supervisor.
- Humility, flexibility, and willingness to test, shift your thinking and try something new
- Able to work in a small team environment – helpful, dependable, respectful, approachable
- Awareness and skills to create an equitable and inclusive work environment
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use Grant Writer in the subject line. Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to contact all applicants, but we will contact you soon if you are chosen for an interview.