ENGAGEMEDIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
EngageMedia is seeking a research consultant to produce a snapshot of digital rights issues, actors, advocacy, and networks in Indonesia. The research seeks to provide a better understanding of the digital rights situation in Indonesia, including the successes and limits of the work done so far. The research will inform EngageMedia’s Indonesian digital rights strategy over the coming years.
This research includes, among others, the following issues:
- ICT policy
- Media freedom
- Freedom of expression and assembly
- Digital safety
Please see our Digital Rights page for more information on our digital rights program.
While we will co-design the research with a successful consultant, we expect to use a range of both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
Questions we are seeking to explore include:
- What is the state of digital rights in Indonesia?
- What are the (local, national, transnational) laws, regulations, and policies relevant to digital rights in Indonesia?
- Who are the key actors in the field of digital rights?
- How are these actors viewed by the public? By policymakers?
- What have been and continue to be the barriers to digital rights advocacy?
The consultancy starts as soon as possible and will run for three (3) months on a part- or flexi-time basis.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please use the application form at CLICK HERE.
- Research ideation and conception
- Creating methodology and sampling framework
- Survey design, coding, and testing
- Data collection, including interviews and desk research
- Data analysis
- Strong writing and analytical skills, evidenced by published written papers based on survey data
- High attention to detail
- Expertise in statistics and data science, preferably evidenced by having conducted analyses on survey data
- Fluency in English and Indonesian
- Familiarity with digital rights, along with the existing and emerging networks and technology policies in Indonesia
- A relevant completed or ongoing degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or the social sciences
- Experience doing data analysis using R is preferred, but Python is acceptable
EngageMedia uses the power of video, the Internet, and open technologies to create social and environmental change. We harness old and new media to assist changemakers to challenge social injustice and environmental damage.
Please fill in the application form HERE. Applications are being considered on a rolling basis.