ISLAMIC RELIEF JOB VACANCIES 2020
About the organization:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organization with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operating since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of the IRW in Indonesia program is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesian people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the program include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Disaster Risk Reduction
The geographical area is Banten, NTB, Aceh, and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia is looking to recruit Community Mobilizer – Disaster Risk Reduction (COMMO-DRR) based in Palu Central Sulawesi- Indonesia.
Post holder would directly report to DRR Officer and DRR Coordinator in Palu under the overall guidance and supervision of the Country Director.
The DRR and livelihood Community Mobilizer will support the DRR Officer and DRR Coordinator in the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with Implementing Partners and other relevant stakeholders including community leaders, faith leaders, and members in the target areas. The Community Mobiliser task and responsibility is:
- Support Coordinator Project to implementation activity
- Day to day to communication and discussion with the community to strengthening capacity and resilience village and livelihood community development
- Prepared Community Meeting with the Community village target
- With the local community prepare and formulated activity Implementation.
- Prepared and facilitated meetings with the head of villages and faith leaders at the village target.
- Facilitate and assist the community to formulate a community action Plan.
- Facilitate and assist the community in formulated Standard Operational procedures.
- Facilitated and assistance the community to formulated regulation village level.
- Make daily reports.
- Demonstrate qualities of oral and written communication skills, cultural sensitivity; ability to work in teams, and operate in emergency environments
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), including web-based survey tools
- Good command of Bahasa Indonesia and English both oral and writing
- Experienced in emergency response is preferable
- Graduate degree (S1) in development, social sciences, or related field.
- At least 1 years of professional experience in the organize Community Meeting, Community Development, including Community-based Disaster Risk Management (CBDRM), and livelihood preferably working experience in international organization
- Skill and experience in partnership/working with/facilitating local NGO partner
- Strong skills and broad experience in community organizing
- Has experience in applying participatory tools and is able to facilitate Focus Group Discussion (FGD), interview, observation, and survey.
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality, and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith-based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field project
How to apply:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The deadline for submitting applications: 20 November 2020