IUWASH PLUS JOB VACANCIES 2020
JOB CODE: FPICA/WMRA_WJDT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities, and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector, and government WASH service provision.
The Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) acting through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) share the mutual goal of improving the performance of water utilities to increase access to clean water in Indonesia, particularly to address two technical challenges that are especially impactful: (1) high rates of non-revenue water (NRW); and (2) poor energy efficiency (EE). To provide a comprehensive and measurable NRW reduction and EE improvement in Indonesia, SECO agreed to co-finance USAID for a three-year technical assistance program, implemented under the current USAID IUWASH PLUS program with seven PDAMs in two regions, i.e. West Java and Central Java provinces.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of Consultant – PDAM Water Meter Reading and Anomaly System Analyst, Jakarta, WJDT Regional Office (JOB CODE: FPICA/WMRA_WJDT)
The aim of review and Improve Water meter reading and Anomaly system program is to analyst/review the existing condition PDAM Water meter reading / Anomaly system and to setup propose system improvement to achieve the NRW Reduction target
Scope of Works
The selected Individual Consultant should analyze and review water reading and Anomaly system and setup propose system improvement in 7 PDAMs
Tasks will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Coordination with IUWASH PLUS team and related PDAM Team
- Data collection, compilation, and analysis
- Water Meter reading system review including data processing
- Review Bad data treatment and monitoring-evaluation system
- Review Anomaly treatment and monitoring-evaluation system
- Review GIS aspect to optimize meter reading system
- Deliver propose meter reading and anomaly system improvement plan in order to reach NRW reduction target
- Training for Transfer the result of system Review dan propose system improvement to IUWASH PLUS Staff and PDAM Staff
- Deliver preliminary report, 7 PDAMs Report, Summary Report 1 Draft Final Report and Final Report
The estimated professional manpower required for this program is one Senior Environment Service Provider with the following qualification:
- Minimum S1, preferable Engineering
- Has minimum experience 10 years
- Has extensive experience in developing billing system especially in PDAM
- Have the ability to communicate effectively (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
Expected Start Date: January 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before November 22, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.