SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2020
Gender Project Officer
The jobholder is responsible for the efficient execution of program activities under the Gender Project in West Sumba. A key part of this role involves day to day management of the project, supporting the planning and implementation in 20 schools and 20 communities. The Project Officer (PO) will ensure the quality and timely implementation of activities and contribute to programmatic planning. In addition, s/he will work closely with Sponsorship’s Partners staff on mobilizing community core groups in the respective villages.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepare, facilitate, make report of the training process and work with Program Coordinator to produce related training materials as required.
- Conduct training and develop training report after training as part of program accountability.
- Participate and use evidence-based research to identify appropriate strategies to improve teacher government, children club, CBCP groups, and gender champion on gender equity.
- Close coordination with Program Coordinator to capture the inputs, problems, and lessons learned.
- Close coordination with Implementing Partners staff on mobilizing community core groups in their respective areas.
- Ensure the Quality Benchmark (QB) applied in all capacity development activities.
- Participate in the development of annual and monthly work.
- Ensure the Gender Project activities in Sumba are implemented according to the detailed implementation plan, including leading the technical implementation of the project in the field.
- With input from Gender Project Coordinator and Gender Specialist identify training, mentoring, and coaching needs for target beneficiaries as indicated in the project design.
- With input from internal and outside technical experts, ensure high-quality technical implementation of all program interventions according to global best practices, and lessons learned from Save the Children programming in Indonesia and globally.
- Ensure close collaboration with local stakeholders include establishing and developing strong and effective relationships with children, communities, schools, and key district government officials and non-governmental stakeholders.
- Contribute to systematically build local government capacity and co-implementation of the Sponsorship project.
- Participate in program evaluation including baseline studies and end-line.
- Support the development and implementation of an effective monitoring and evaluation system for the project.
- Ensure close coordination with any other Save the Children project staff in Sumba.
- Provide technical support to improve the capacity of project assistant related project implementation
- Provide timely reports based on their activities.
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in Social or Development Studies, Gender and Development or other related fields
- At least three years of work experience with non-government organizations in Eastern Indonesia
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Preferable English language proficiency
- Willingness to work in rural and remote areas
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and with the appropriate license
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and skills in methods to promote gender issues in community and school
- Proven skills to develop an implementation plan and then efficiently implement the activities
- Demonstrate ability to write high-quality reports in Indonesian- English language.
- Writing skills also preferable
- Proven ability to manage financial resources according to donor and organization regulations
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural team
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the Save the Children International (SCI) Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Save the Children encourages qualified candidates to apply regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, or disability
All recruitment practices and procedures reflect Save the Children’s commitment to protecting children from abuse
- Location: Waikabubak
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Closing Date: Nov 24, 2020