SWISSCONTACT JOB VACANCIES 2020
Swisscontact, the Swiss foundation for technical cooperation is a private and independent operating foundation, promoting sustainable economic growth in developing countries. Swisscontact is implementing the Sustainable Tourism Education Development Project (STED) as part of the Indonesian Swiss Development Cooperation. The STED project is the second pillar of the STDI Program financed by SECO and jointly led by SECO and the Ministry of Tourism. The STED Project´s overall goal is to achieve a better-qualified workforce with relevant skills in the tourism sector with a geographic focus on Lombok and, subsequently, utilizing spill-over effects through cooperation with a network of training institutions in Indonesia. The rationale for the STED Project is the need for a better-qualified tourism workforce and the creation of job opportunities for graduates from tourism education institutions under the Ministry of Tourism.
For the STED Project Office in Lombok, Swisscontact is looking for an enthusiastic and independent professional in the following field of expertise: Senior Program Officer Curriculum Development Based in Lombok, Nusa Tenggara Barat (Job Code: ADV.000053)
The Senior Project Officer Curriculum Development (SPOCD) assures the smooth-running of all activities under Outcome, Intervention Areas of the STED Project, comprising of review and development of curriculum for vocational tourism polytechnic under Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy of the Republic of Indonesia (MoTCE).
Task, Authority & Responsibility
- Participate actively in the strategic and operative planning of all activities in close collaboration with all other STED Project Staff.
- Plan, manage, assure implementation, steering, and coordination of the project goals.
- Develop a reliable and systemic approach for working with the project’s main partner in coordination with Senior Project Officer School Development/Project Coordinator
- Represent the STED Project in a professional manner towards all stakeholders and potential stakeholders.
- Assure strict adherence to all budget requirements and application of appropriate accounting procedures.
- Maintain all documents (e.g. reports, forms, logbooks, etc.) as required by Swisscontact regulations and STED Project common practices.
- Assure adherence to gender mainstreaming, good governance, and Conflict Sensitive Program Management (CSPM) in all activities in coordination with other project staff.
- Act as the contact person for subcontractors and partners of the project goals.
- Organize relevant events and collaboration with other staff.
- Participate in Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) in close collaboration with the MRM Coordinator.
- Support the Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator in the identification and selection of short-term experts.
- Plan for short-term experts (including drafting of ToR).
- Report all problems and risks perceived in the course of her/his work immediately to the Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator.
- Perform other job-related tasks not specifically described in this job description upon mutual agreement with the Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator.
- Participate in activities in coordination with Senior Project Officer School Development/Project Coordinator.
- Master’s degree and at least 8 years of working in a similar position, either for a private or public sector entity previous experience of working for a development cooperation organization is a plus.
- Superior managerial skills and strong at planning, organizing and following up on all tasks related to the position.
- Proven ability to work independently and outcome-focused.
- Expert-level knowledge and skills in the field of curriculum and teacher development and related areas.
- Previous work experience in the field of tertiary education for tourism and hospitality is a plus.
- Good knowledge about the Indonesian TVET system and the Badan Nasional Sertifikasi Profesional (BNSP)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office and internet-related applications.
- Bahasa Indonesia native speaker and fluent in English (written, oral).
- Demonstrated ability as a team player.
- Self-reliant and cost-conscious.
- Punctual and outcome-focused.
- Ability to lead, coach, and motivate colleagues.
- Enjoy working in the field of development cooperation.
- Ability to represent the project professionally with project partners, government officials, and other related stakeholders.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for further application submission. Please send your application by November 20th, 2020, however we are continuing shortlist and conducting interviews for the right candidate before the deadline.