GLOBAL ALLIANCE FOR IMPROVED NUTRITION JOB VACANCIES 2020
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking to engage a consultant to support the development of the Roadmap of the National Food System toward the Food System summit in 2021 and the sustainable safe and nutritious food for Indonesia in 2030.
The consultancy will focus on:
- Tracking and mapping national preparations for the Food Systems Summit, and the N4G Summit
Act as a technical and organisational resource to support national food systems dialogue/s and other planning mechanisms to develop a national food action plan and/or plans and commitments made at the Summits
- Engage in, and where appropriate, contribute and facilitate the preparations for the national commitments
- Facilitate GAIN expertise derived from its national programmes and its global expertise into national consultation and planning see.
- Be part of the country link to the cross-GAIN working group on the Summit
- Support on the internal communication to educate and inform fellow GAIN colleagues on the objectives of the summit and each GAIN staff member can contribute.
- Integrate and align the Food Systems Summit policy and advocacy work into GAIN’s national business plan.
Scope of Work
The consultant will be supervised by and work closely with the GAIN Indonesia Country Representative and Technical Director and will need to engage with both external (GAIN country and global team) and internal key actors (relevant government institutions, Development Parnters, Public Sector).
To support the delivery of the objective of this consultancy work, the consultant will:
- Develop 1 year workplan of this assignment to be agreed with the GAIN
- Conduct mapping analysis of the current key actors in the national food system both government and the development agencies (UN Agencies, World Bank and Hivos) including its program and activities.
- Conduct mapping analysis of the current regulations/policies and identify its gap for enabling the cross-sectors program convergence
- Support GAIN in build alliance among the UN and other development agencies.
- Facilitate the coordination between alliance with each relevant government institution in the food system (driver, production, distribution, and consumption area)
- Lead the development of the Food System Road Map and to get buy-in by all relevant stakeholders toward the sustainable national food system by 2030
- Support GAIN team in establish the coordination and communication platform among the alliance member for data/information exchange
- Support GAIN team in developing advocate tools based on the food system dashboard.
- Build GAIN capacity in leading the coordination between development agencies and the government institutions.
Estimated Duration of Contract
The consultancy assignment will be conducted over a 12 months period between December 2020 – November 2021 for maximum 96 working days
As outlined in the table below, the consultant is expected to complete and submit the following deliverables against the indicative time schedule. A detailed time and payment schedule will be agreed upon with the consultant prior to signing the contract and grant agreement.
|1 year workplan of the Development of Food System Road Map||10 Dec 2020|
|Mapping analysis report on key actors (government and development partners)||5 Feb 2020|
|Mapping and gap analysis on regulation and policies for cross-sectors program convergence||15 March 2021|
|Updated Workplan of the Development of Food System Road Map||31 March 2021|
|ToR of Food System Alliance with Development Agencies based on consensus among the key stakeholders||15 April 2021|
|Agreed Coordination and communication strategy on Food System with the key stakeholders||15 May 2021|
|Agreed Recommendation/working paper based on Food System Alliance workshop/discussion||15 June 2021|
|Report of Series of Workshops with the GoI||Jan-September 2021|
|Indonesia Food System Road Map 2021-2030||30 September 2021|
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide background information and contact details of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Provide information on Food System Summit and its related activities.
- Provide detailed feedback on all the deliverables sent by the consultant
- Transfer payments as per the agreed contract and based on approval of deliverables
The consultant will conduct the assignment by fulfilling the contractual arrangements in line with the ToR
The consultant will be selected based on the following set of skills and competencies:
- Significant professional experience of policy development and planning work within a government setting that involves public private engagement
- Key understanding of food systems transformation approaches
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of different stakeholders from business, farmers, civil society, academia, consumers, etc.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Currently engaging in food policy dialogue at high levels in local context
- Capacity to work closely with national stakeholders to progress the Food Systems Summit influencing agenda and GAIN’s Action Track 1 work
- Familiarity with some of GAIN’s advocacy tools: Food Systems Dashboard, Enabling Business to Advance Nutrition Index (EBANI), Access to Nutrition Index (ATNI), etc.
Submission Process and Evaluation Criteria
Proposals for this engagement must be sent by email to GAINIndonesia@gainhealth.org with the subject line ‘Food System Senior Advisor’ not later than midnight (20 November 2020)
The following requirements in the proposal indicate a list of the significant criteria against which proposals will be assessed. This list is not exhaustive and is provided to enhance the applicant’s ability to respond with substance.
Suggested allocation of days for each specific task listed for this consultancy (maximum 1 page)
- Cover Letter
- Two references
All information provided as part of the proposal evaluation process is considered confidential. In the event that any information is inappropriately released, GAIN will seek appropriate remedies as allowed. Proposals, discussions, and all information received in response to this TOR will be held as strictly confidential.
(Please find a complete TOR of Individual Consultant to support Indonesia Food System Roadmap Development CLICK HERE)