GLOBAL GREEN GROWTH INSTITUTE JOB VACANCIES 2020
Senior Assistant, West Papua Office Indonesia
To support program delivery in Indonesia, GGGI seeks to hire a Senior Assistant to execute comprehensive administrative transactions for West Papua operation, office management, and support program delivery. The position will support numerous administrative activities under a variety of outputs working both to provincial government and other related stakeholders in national and district of West Papua. The position is part of GGGI-GoI Green Growth Program Phase III – Green Growth for Sustainable and Inclusive Landscape in Indonesia. The position will report to the West Papua Provincial Representative of GGGI.
The Senior Assistant will play a central role within GGGI Indonesia Team by carrying out a range of office management and administrative from GGGI’s Indonesia office in West Papua, hosted by the Regional Development Planning Agency (Bappeda & Litbang). S/He will ensure the effective operations of all administrative activities within the West Papua Green Growth program. S/He will support day to day program activities to achieve the work targets agreed upon with the West Papua Provincial Government and will ensure consistent quality across those deliverables. In addition to that, The Senior Assistant will also contribute and actively involved in the range of focus areas of sustainable landscape works for green growth and low carbon development.
- Support the GGGI West Papua Provincial Representative to maintain day to day relationships with all key stakeholders in the province, including government counterparts, civil society, and private sector representatives
- Work closely with provincial stakeholders to promptly share information, conclusions, or messages in the relevant area of work such as mainstreaming green growth into development planning and jurisdiction emission reduction program.
- Coordination with GGGI colleagues globally and in Jakarta on project-related matters, policies, and tools, to be able to deliver high-quality products.
- Gather information from relevant provincial and district government counterparts related to GGGI’s activities,
- Administer a periodically-updated stakeholder database for West Papua, which will include contact details, minutes of meetings, summaries of organizations’ activities in West Papua, and opportunities for further engagement.
- Coordinate and organize capacity-building workshops and focus group discussions (FGDs) with relevant government counterparts, including preparation of budgets, terms of reference (ToR), invitations, and agendas.
- Support senior team members at provincial and national level to develop reports on administrative key West Papua policies, plans, and projects that are relevant to GGGI’s activities as needed as well as official letters in Indonesian and English.
- Carry out a variety of financial and administrative tasks for the smooth implementation of GGGI’s activities at the provincial level.
- Support the Provincial Representative to develop regular provincial updates related to GGGI activities in the province for both internal and external communication.
- Deliverables that are at all times consistent and of high quality, despite changing and complex environments and circumstances.
- Understand the implications of GGGI’s Phase 3 and relationship to Phase 2, including the Country Program Framework (CPF), GGGI planning time horizons as well as distinctions between Sustainable Landscape and other programs in the province such as renewable energy, green cities, etc.
- Travel to district(s) and support engagement with the district government, when necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in a green growth-related field, e.g. economics, environmental policy, natural resource management, forestry, public management, or any discipline related to the assignment.
- At least three years’ experience of professional experience in the above fields
- Experience of working directly with the West Papua government and a strong network in the province is desirable
- A good understanding and keen interest in issues relevant to green growth
- Good verbal and written communications skills in both English and Indonesian
- Experience in arranging events.
- Experience in supporting multiple cultural team, work well under pressure, and have a flexible approach
- Ability to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision, while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience in event organization, outreach, and communication
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure and establish and maintain effective work relationships with people of different background
- Commitment to gender equality
- Ability to value diversity in team, counterparts, and related stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and incorporate GGGI values within and outside the organization