GLOBAL GREEN GROWTH INSTITUTE JOB VACANCIES 2020
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies. GGGI is governed by its 38 Members, including Indonesia. GGGI’s interventions focus on supporting the reduction of GHG emissions, create green jobs, increase access to sustainable services, improve air quality, ensure the adequate supply of ecosystem services, and enhance adaptation to climate change. This is achieved by technical assistance to increase green investment flows, de-risk the enabling environment supporting investment, and knowledge sharing and learning.
GGGI has partnered with the Government of Indonesia since 2013 to implement a Green Growth Program aligned with the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and Indonesia’s Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC), with a particular focus on sustainable landscapes, that is being delivered in 6 provinces. GGGI has 38 staff in Indonesia that are embedded in the National Development Planning Agency, Ministries of Finance, Environment and Forestry, and provincial planning and environment units.
GGGI is currently looking for a Senior Officer for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning. Reporting to the Deputy Country Representative, the Senior Officer Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning, will be responsible for establishing of effective result-based monitoring, evaluation and reporting system for GGGI Indonesia, as well as a thorough and internalized of the Government of Indonesia (GoI). The successful candidate will be a dynamic and results-oriented team player who will strengthen GGGI’s internal procedures for reporting results and monitor compliance with current requirements. The successful candidate will work with colleagues in different units in HQ and country team.
- Leads the establishment and implementation of effective monitoring/reporting/evaluation/risk management system and ensure timely and high-quality monitoring and reporting of the GGGI Indonesia in compliance with donor and GGGI’s policies
- Leads and promotes knowledge development and exchange between senior program staff at national and sub-national levels, providing inputs to HQ and program´s partners based on results achieved as well as lessons learned
- Supports the development of the Country Program Planning Frameworks particularly the results frameworks and targets within these as well as Country Business Plans as part of GGGI’s biennial Work Program & Budget exercises
- Supports the design and development of new projects in collaboration with senior staff, including definitive, (i) ‘theory of change’ (ii) logical frameworks with appropriate indicators, baselines and targets, (iii) M&E&L plans and budgets to operationalize monitoring and reporting against log frames, and, (iv) process for identifying relevant results and lessons learned from other projects in the country program or other GGGI countries.
- In-country liaison. Extensive liaison with Country Program staff key government counterparts, other relevant partners, and officials of donor agencies and other financiers to effectively oversee management and maintenance of project database and monitoring and reporting system and shared learning processes.
- Liaison with HQ GGGI. Engage with the Evaluation Unit (IEU) and Strategy and Partnerships (SPC) of GGGI in HQ, the Senior Regional Country Officer and other relevant stakeholders to ensure monitoring and reporting requirements are being met as per the Project Management Cycle Guidance and the online systems in place.
- Development partners. Support and accompany the Country Representative in the establishment and maintenance of relationships with the donor community in Jakarta, Embassies, development partners, key green growth stakeholders and government counterparts.
- Prepares M&E&L inputs to the End-of-Year-Report to be delivered on an annual basis to GGGI´s Strategy Evaluation Units, as well as to the monthly reports, quarterly reports and any other reporting as required both by HQ in Seoul or the our project donors and financiers. Produce inputs for Phase 3 monthly reports and quarterly reports with the relevant information on a timely basis.
- During the Inception Period of Phase 3, establish definitive priority indicators, data collection and analysis arrangements, frequency and format presentation of monitoring reports to update the donor on project progress, as well as to anticipate key challenges and implement timely solutions during the inception period of Phase 3.
- Design and implement information generation formats and procedures that align with donor requirements, GoI government counterparts and GGGI HQ. This may also include presentations for internal meetings at in GGGI.
- Prepare M&E&L manual for Phase 3 that details the data collection and reporting arrangements, indicators definition and means of verification, software platform/system, to be utilized and reporting formats to be utilized on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This also includes deployment methods and coordination procedures among staff members, partners, and relevant stakeholders for timely data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Update and coordinate inputs for risks and risks management on quarterly bases and appropriate reporting of these internally within GGGI as well as to donors and relevant program counterparts.
- Train relevant project staff on information collection, report generation and appropriate database or reporting format requirements for effective information curation.
- Compile data reports and proposals for periodic lessons learned assessments. These will be key inputs for meetings with Indonesian government counterparts, our donors and internal meetings as well as designing annual workplans and contingency plans to address specific project challenges
- Support all external, independent, third party evaluations of the GGGI-Indonesia program as they pertain to the Green Growth Program Phase III.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, business administration or related fields.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in similar positions involving design and implementation of log frames, monitoring and reporting systems is required. Experience with the UN system, other international organizations, bilateral cooperation entities or projects is necessary.
- Solid experience managing, coordinating and implementing capacity development programs
- Exceptional database management and advanced computer skills with commonly used software platforms in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is necessary.
- Familiarity of the green growth issues, with special emphasis on nationally declared commitments (NDC) for emissions reductions, benefits and opportunities, government affairs and economic development and policy issues in the Indonesian context is desirable.
- Good understanding of multilateral organizations´ operational modalities, systems, risks, and limitations, particularly within the Indonesian context is a plus.
- Exceptionally organized with excellent prioritization skills.
- Proficient communication skills, in written and oral, both in English and Indonesian is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and have a flexible approach to tasks given.
- Exceptional planning and strategical skills oriented towards the effective and timely delivery of agreed outputs.
- Able to communicate information and ideas clearly and articulately both in oral and written form. Uses appropriate language, style and methods depending on audience and the purpose of communication. Able to convey complex information clearly. Anticipates the information that others will need.
- Able to identify and separate out the key components of problems and situations. Able to manipulate and interpret information from a range of sources, to spot patterns and trends in information and to deduce cause and effect from this. Can generate a range of creative solutions, evaluate them, and choose the most appropriate option.
- Able to achieve results in a quality, timely, and cost-effective way. Sees priorities, plans the efficient use of resources, and monitors progress against objectives.
- Ability to share learning and provide constructive feedback that can cross-pollinate program´s workstreams
- Seeks opportunities to improve process and outcomes. Constantly reviews performance to identify areas to develop.
- Fast learner, quick to adapt to new environment, systems and bring immediate contribution.
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, quality control and methodical abilities.
- Ability to prepare written reports, statistics and business correspondence both in Indonesian and English is necessary.
- Actively participates in team, encourages co-operation, and responds flexibly. Shares information and supports other team members. Can get things done through others and set realistic objectives.
- Strong and matured interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement, client relationship, communication, teamwork and consensus building.
- Committed to green growth and inspired by the vision of the organization.
- Aligned with the GGGI core values and promotes its vision and mission Open-minded, ready to work in a highly multi-cultural context.
- Proven track record of taking initiative independently with minimal supervision and strong delivery capacity.
- Pursues goals with energy, persistence, creativity, and determination. Enthusiastic and committed to improving personal performance levels as well as innovating for more effectiveness and impact.
- Maintains high accountability and transparency standards, pursues objectives with a technical, independent criteria and prioritizes goals with environmental and social criteria in mind.
To Apply, Please Click in HERE. Deadline is 20 November 2020.