INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Reference No: SVN/ID10/2020/046
- Position Title: Programme Assistant I (MHPSS)
- Duty Station: Tangerang
- Organization Unit: MHPSS – Migration Health Unit
- Classification: General Services, Grade G-4
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term contract for six months with possibility of extension, (the first six months shall be considered as probation period)
- Report to: Programme Assistant III (MHPSS)
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 26 November 2020
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant III (MHPSS) and under the overall supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator for Central Region, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting the implementation of all MHPSS activities in their respective regions of assignment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assisting MHPSS team to organize the provision of care, services, and protection for Irregular Migrants under IOM care in his/her area of responsibility and in strict compliance with the agreed IOM Operational Guidelines.
- Assisting MHPSS team to implement tailored psychosocial program activities for the irregular migrants (IMs) fully respecting the confidentiality of Migrant’s information.
- Conducting regular visits to the detention centers and appointed accommodations to monitor Irregular Migrants activities and verify if care, services, and protection are provided to Irregular Migrants (IMs) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conducting data collection for psychosocial and protection needs assessment, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods, in order to identify problems/gaps, risk and vulnerabilities, particularly those related to gender and age.
- Conducting case identification and documentation activities as part of the overall case management system.
- Support the technical preparation for monitoring and evaluation activities on a regular basis by utilizing means of verifications stated in the project proposal.
- Drafting reports of field visits, monitoring and evaluation report, and other reports needed to the Supervisor.
- Identify and documenting suitable service providers, NGOs, government organizations,s or other third parties for delivering a particular psycho-social program.
- Drafting ad hoc activity report, vulnerability statistics, and Monthly Report to the respective Manager(s).
- Assist in managing operational budgeting and, in coordination with the Finance Unit, manage the operational expenses and ensure IOM expenditure is based on IOM regulations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University Degree in psychology, social science, or degree in psychiatric nursing and registered to practice in clinical psychology discipline in Indonesia with at least two years of relevant working experience; or
Completed high school diploma with four years of relevant working experience.
- Indonesian National with good knowledge of, and experience in project implementation and project administration;
- Has clinical work experience and experience working in community-based programs or camp settings;
- Knowledge of social work value and ethics, theory and established practices of clinical social work, including assessment, treatment, and crisis intervention skills;
- Understanding of the social determinants of health, and the social consequences of lack thereof; family systems and family dynamics;
- Understanding of diversity as it affects different populations and service delivery, including, but not limited to, gender, sexual identity, culture, ethnic, spirituality, and racial issues;
- Understanding classification of psychiatric illnesses and. the main classifications of psychotropic medications, including their general use, expected response, and common side effects would be an advantage;
- Effectively applies knowledge of psychosocial issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level;
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work;
- Proven ability and experience in liaising with UN, Government Departments/Authorities and other international organizations;
- Ability to operate software packages required for effective information management, including word processing, and ability to use the internet to find resources and access evidence-based practice research;
- Proficient in computer applications.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate, and security clearances.
- IOM applies the local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and a minimum of three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2020/046) as the subject. The deadline for applications is 26 November 2020. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered