INTERNEWS NETWORK JOB VACANCIES 2020
Job Title: Project Coordinator- Indonesia
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
This position is responsible for management and coordination of all activities for the ‘Promoting Accountability in the Security Sector (PASS)’ project and assisting the Project Director in the systematic execution of project planning, implementation, and performance monitoring and evaluation in order to meet project objectives. Given the dynamic nature of the project, this position is best suited to a highly organized, creative individual who thrives in a newly evolving team environment. Knowing how to prioritize and multi-task efficiently on deadlines is essential.
Please note that this position requires work authorization in Jakarta, Indonesia.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Program Coordination and Administration
- Lead the oversight and implementation of project activities including monitoring work plans and activity schedules, and support communications with partners and funders.
- Ensure objectives are met in a timely fashion and recommend adjustments to activities as required.
- Manage requests for information from other departments within Internews and from external partners.
- Develop and track monthly schedules and strategies.
- Coordinate with the corresponding program team in Myanmar to ensure timely reporting and effective communication with partners, funders, and relevant Internews offices.
- Work with Operations, Finance, Sub-grants, and M&E teams to ensure smooth coordination between departments in project implementation and reporting.
- Support implementation of project assessments, surveys, and M&E activities as needed.
- Work with Consultants/Trainers to manage trainings, seminars, and workshops.
- Occasional in-country travel and possible international travel.
- Support strategic communications efforts of Internews to promote and publicize project activities.
- Attends relevant partner network meetings, provides updates and briefings on programs, and maintains correspondence with partner networks.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of project management experience in media development or similar role;
- Experience in media capacity building (training) and production desirable (but not essential);
- Self-starter as well as a team player;
- Budget management experience desirable;
- Proven coordination experience in a multi-stakeholder environment;
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to travel to project areas;
- Fluent Bahasa Indonesia language skills;
- Excellent oral and written English language skills;
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and other project support software;
- Experience with the latest IT practices.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process.
APPLY ONLINE CLICK HERE