CARDNO EMERGING MARKETS JOB VACANCIES 2020
KIAT is seeking a Safeguards Specialist to review the appropriateness of KIAT’s implementation of Cardno and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s safeguard policies and procedures. The Safeguards Specialist will develop a safeguards strategy with supporting guidelines The Safeguards Specialist will also review and provide regular reporting on safeguards implementation progress across KIAT’s activities.
This role also involves the following key activities:
- Support the Program Manager to undertake a review of the appropriateness of KIAT’s implementation of Cardno and Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) safeguard policies and procedures across the facility:
- Review KIAT’s compliance with the requirements as set out in Cardno and DFAT safeguard policies and procedures including (but not limited to): Child Protection Policy; Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment; Environmental and Social Safeguard Policy.
- Support KIAT address any gaps in compliance and make recommendations for opportunities for improvement.
- Based on the initial review and knowledge of Safeguards ‘best practice’, lead the development of a strategy to support KIAT become a program that demonstrates best practice as it relates to safeguards across the facility. The strategy will include:
- Practical recommendations for full coverage and cost-effective implementation;
- A coherent reporting framework that can be adopted across the facility;
- Requirements and reporting obligations for KIAT subcontractors and delivery partners
- Guidance to support subcontractors and delivery partners understand and implement robust and appropriate safeguards measures
- Support the implementation of the approved strategy across KIAT
- Provide ad hoc advice including but not limited to:
- Technical advice on safeguards issues during activity design and implementation stages, including drafting of terms of reference, identification of safeguards specific deliverables within contracts, and the review of deliverables and regular reporting on activity progress and performance
- Reviewing safeguard implementation on selected activities and develop recommendations for improvement
- Conduct risk assessments and develop risk mitigation plans during the development of new activities
- Coordinate closely with the Performance and Communications team to ensure safeguards elements of activities are well-integrated within activity M&E frameworks and communications materials
- Support the investigation of reported cases/incidents as required
- Develop briefings, documentation, and learning materials as needed to strengthen safeguards capabilities across KIAT, subcontractors, and delivery partners on recognizing and mitigating safeguard risks, as well as identifying and managing safeguard related concerns
- Support ongoing internal reviews of KIAT’s compliance against Cardno and DFAT safeguard policies as well as agreed additional requirements.
Please CLICK HERE for detailed information: CLICK HERE
You will be a motivated and proactive STA Safeguard Specialist with the right combination of talent, energy, and a commitment to technical excellence. You have the following selection criteria:
- Postgraduate degree in a specialist technical or professional field relevant to role
- Minimum 10 years demonstrable experience in developing and implementing safeguards strategies, policies, and procedures for the delivery of infrastructure programs, ideally in an international donor environment
- Skilled in designing and facilitating safeguarding compliance and learning in different cultural and organizational contexts
- Knowledge of managing and conducting incident investigations
- Strong analytical skills and briefing experience, with a focus on improving policy and practice
- Strong coordination and proactive leadership skills, and the ability to mentor and support staff
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of the different needs of diverse stakeholders such as women, the elderly, people with disabilities, and others with special mobility needs
Based on DFAT standard ARF rates (assessed as ARF classification B4). Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur – KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
- Statement (of up to 1,000 words) addressing the candidate’s skills and experience, and outlining the relevance to the role
- Two referee names, position details, and contact information
- Please apply CLICK HERE
- Closing Date: 2 December 2020