IUWASH JOB VACANCIES 2020
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five year-and-eight month initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities, and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector, and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of Individual Consultant for Supporting RPAM Pilot in 3 PDAMs in Jakarta (JOB CODE: STTA/RPAM_JKT)
The USAID IUWASH PLUS continues supporting the agenda through the ongoing process of national roadmap development for RPAM implementation, finalizing the manual, as well as piloting in 3 PDAMs, which are Kota Salatiga, Kab. Sidoarjo, and Kota Makassar. The pilot has started in April 2020, up to October 2020 all 3 PDAMs have completed the RPAM document and are in the process of implementing the action plan which has to become a continued effort. The technical assistance to 3 PDAMs is provided by a selected consultant firm (vendor), however, it is also critical to capture the lessons learned and required enabling environments on both technical and non-technical aspects as references for the national roadmap, implementation strategy in respective responsible ministries, and also technical guideline that will be developed by Ministry of Public Works and Housing, which are mainly the objectives of this assignment.
Scope of Works
In general, the tasks and responsibilities of the consultant will include, but not limited to:
- Support the RPAM pilot in PDAMs (Kota Salatiga, Kab. Sidoarjo, Kota Makassar), in the following areas:
- Ensure the RPAM pilot implementation is following the revised concept and approach and manual;
- Review the critical steps in RPAM documents, which are: identify the hazards and assess the risks (module 3), determine and validate control measures, reassess and prioritize the risks (module 4), and develop, implement, and maintain an improvement/upgrade plan (module 5), and provide input for improvement when required.
- Provide technical and non-technical input for the implementation of the improvement/upgrade plan from the RPAM document and use it as an input for management procedures (module 8) and improvement/upgrade plan revision and update (module 11) to ensure continuous implementation and improvement are taken place.
- Provide general backstopping that is needed for the pilot RPAM implementation.
- From the tasks #1, capture the lessons learned and required enabling environments on both technical and non-technical aspects that will be used as recommendations and references for national roadmap, implementation strategy in respective responsible ministries, and also future technical guideline.
- When needed, facilitate sharing sessions on the results and lessons learned from the RPAM pilot with relevant stakeholders from the national government, local government, and involved development partners.
Minimum General Qualifications:
- Minimum a bachelor degree in a relevant field such as environmental engineering, civil engineering, and other relevant fields
- At least eight (10) years of experience in working in the WASH sector with a good understanding of the water supply system, having a knowledge and experience on water safety plan/RPAM will be an advantage;
- Has experience working with water utility (PDAM) on technical and non-technical aspects of water supply systems and management;
- Possesses good writing skill to capture the results and lessons learned from the RPAM pilot;
- Possesses basic communication and facilitation skills, including moderating discussion, meeting, and workshop;
- Possesses good verbal and written communications skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Has experience in working and managing implementing partners from relevant institutions including Government, WASH operators, donors, and other relevant partners;
- Flexibility to work on evenings and weekends on occasion, and to travel within the pilot when required.
Expected Start Date: Mid December 2020 – January 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before November 29, 2020.
Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.