RAINFOREST ALLIANCE JOB VACANCIES 2020
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Director, Indonesia provides leadership and manages the strategic planning, fundraising, and implementation of all activities in Indonesia, which include sustainable forestry, sustainable agriculture, landscape, and climate programs. The Director, Indonesia harnesses institutional strategy to meet country needs and leads integrated program design and implementation to high-quality standards. The Director, Indonesia provides strategic and technical leadership, ensures overall management and fundraising (foundations, bi-lateral and multi-lateral, corporations), safeguards the quality of implementation of our agriculture certification programs in the country, and builds partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders, especially producers, civil society organizations, donors, corporations and the government. The Director, Indonesia will be responsible for representing the Rainforest Alliance and advancing efforts to work with producers, companies, and individuals.
Leadership and Management
- Ensure the alignment of activities and teams;
- Deliver effective and impactful implementation of Rainforest Alliance projects and programs, fostering a culture of business and project management excellence;
- Align programmatic work in Indonesia to Rainforest Alliance strategies and priorities and mission through effective change management, communication, and ensuring internal collaboration;
- Provide day-to-day oversight of program and project management and enable structures for cross-functional and cross-project collaboration;
- Delegate authority to staff, ensure they are effective and supported, and ensure planned objectives are achieved and in line with budgets and related policies;
- Ensure timely completion of program progress reports and annual planning; oversee planning and budgeting, reporting, and contractual compliance by country programs per funders’ and Rainforest Alliance requirements;
- Guide, motivate, and develop personnel; including establishing a clear link for employees to see their work relating to Rainforest Alliance’s mission and strategic priorities;
- Identify and manage financial, legal, and technical risks and escalate issues appropriately; and
- Collaborate with Rainforest Alliance leadership to effectively manage crises and conflicts;
Advocacy and External Engagement
- Develop and maintain functional partnerships with Rainforest Alliance clients, partners, NGOs, governments, and other stakeholders; build the reputation of the Rainforest Alliance in Indonesia as a credible non-governmental organization; work with partners to advocate for sustainable landscape management which further the reputation and work of Rainforest Alliance;
- Identify opportunities to promote the use and consumption of Rainforest Alliance Certified™ products in the country, in collaboration with the Markets department;
- Represent Rainforest Alliance at key events, presentations, policy forums, and round tables and communicate program achievements; and
- Direct the strategic development of communications and/or marketing materials promoting Rainforest Alliance’s service offerings and impacts in Indonesia, in collaboration with the Communications-Marketing department.
Fundraising and Business Development
- Develop strategies with senior managers for long-term financial stability of the country program, including collaboration with the Rainforest Alliance fundraising department and other programs to develop and secure funding for programs and new projects in Indonesia;
- Contribute to writing and budgeting of fundraising proposals;
- Engage key businesses, donors, agencies, and partners in order to stimulate demand for Rainforest Alliance products and services;
- Mentor staff to broaden their fundraising skills, help them manage existing fundraising relationships, cultivate new funding prospects.
General – Administrative
- Designated bank account signatory for Indonesian accounts; ensuring compliance with policies & procedures and internal controls; and
- Power of Attorney for legal entity; delegated authority for executing legal documents, including taxation, subject to review and approval;
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position will oversee a team of more than 20 staff.
- This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Master’s degree in natural resource or business-related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in people management with a track record of motivating and organizing staff; ability to delegate;
- Minimum 15 years of international experience in rural economic development, small business development, business administration, and/or natural resources management, to include significant managerial experience;
- At least 5 years of direct experience in preparing and implementing grants funded by bilateral and multilateral organizations and companies;
- Experience of working in international organizations preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of voluntary certification programs;
- Proven experience in developing partnerships and/or stakeholder management within the private sector, government, and NGOs;
- Decisive leader with a positive, friendly, and collaborative attitude, committed to the Rainforest Alliance values of trust, openness, collaboration, change, and impact;
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills; experience in writing funding proposals;
- Written and verbal proficiency in Bahasa and English;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time-sensitive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependable, strong attention to detail;
- Ability to travel as required for the position
- Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: December 13, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in Indonesia will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability, and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com