ALERTAsia FOUNDATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
The Eijkman-Oxford Clinical Research Unit (EOCRU) in Jakarta opened in 2008 with the signing of a memorandum of understanding between the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology and the University of Oxford, to conduct collaborative research on infectious diseases impacting the health of Indonesians and residents of other Southeast Asian nations. University of Oxford also has a partnership (MoU) with Universitas Indonesia, and they jointly established the Universities of Indonesia and Oxford Clinical Research Laboratory (IOCRL) which is a facility dedicated to supporting collaborative clinical research between the universities. EOCRU is also part of the Oxford Tropical Network with research units in Africa, Asia, and the UK, and operates under the auspices of the Oxford University Clinical Research Unit in Vietnam.
Clinical trials of chemotherapeutics, diagnostics, and vaccines for tropical infections of public health importance in Indonesia, principally malaria, tuberculosis, antimicrobial resistance, and other emerging and neglected tropical diseases, form the core of EOCRU’s activities, with associated epidemiological, laboratory, and clinical research. EOCRU aims to have a positive and significant impact on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of infectious diseases to improve patient care in Indonesia and the region. This is being achieved via an expanding long-term research program with our local hosts and partners, contributions to research training, and public engagement with science. Current EOCRU core staff includes 3 Oxford-employed expatriate scientists, Indonesian scientists, administrative and finance support staff, and clinical trials support staff.
In conducting their work in Indonesia, EOCRU is assisted by Alliance for Emerging and Re-emerging Disease Threats in Asia Foundation (ALERTAsia), a local foundation assisting in research grant management and capacity building for local researchers.
Through ALERTAsia we are seeking a “Clinical Trial Coordinator” – specialized research professional, who supports, manages, facilitates, and coordinates the daily operations of clinical trials. S/he plays a critical role in the conduct of the studies under the supervision of a designated Senior Clinical Researcher and will also work closely with local and international Investigators.
The selected candidate will receive a three months’ contract and, if can show professionalism and work dedication, a possibility to receive a long term contract and remuneration package that includes annual leave, sick leave, THR, optional private medical cover, BPJS Kesehatan, and not to mention fully paid income tax and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan (JAMSOSTEK). The salary shall be competitive and dependent upon qualifications and salary history.
- Develop and maintain clinical trial implementation plan and budget.
- Coordinates and liaises effectively with the members of each clinical trial/study team, sponsor, relevant authorities, and sites to ensure the successful implementation of each study/trial.
- To set up and attend regular meetings with study staff, through a combination of meetings in person and via teleconference to facilitate communication.
- Support the regulatory team in the preparation of clinical trial applications, agreements and responses to, and reports for the relevant authority bodies and ethics committee.
- Act as the liaison between study sites, the clinical trial support facility, and the Principal Investigator ensuring open and efficient communications of essential information.
- Conduct site initiation and closeout visits.
- Ensures clinical trial compliance at all times with protocol and applicable regulatory, national, and internationally accepted guidelines for Good Clinical Practice in research (ICH-GCP).
- Ensures milestones and project work are met within agreed times and budgetary framework.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all study-related activities in accordance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related or basic science, with a minimum experience of 3 years in a similar role.
- A master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Experience in coordinating clinical trials is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of GCP and relevant regulations.
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English.
- Computer literacy and proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Ability to manage and/or supervise complex research endeavors.
- Ability to work effectively as a team with healthcare personnel at all levels.
- Evidence of self-motivation, initiative, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a high level of organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to observe, comprehend, analyze and solve problems independently.
- Recognize the scope of decision-making, with the ability to receive directions as appropriate.
Duty Station: Jakarta
How to Apply
Application requirements (Cover Letter, CV, three names and addresses of professional referees, and your salary history) should be sent via email to: email@example.com. Please quote the reference “Clinical Trial Coordinator” on your email subject.
Please submit your application not later than Sunday, 6 December 2020, 24:00 p.m.