CONSERVATION INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2020
Working in 30+ countries globally, Conservation International (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to empowering societies to responsibly and sustainably care for nature for the good of humanity. We are constantly growing and expanding into areas new and old. We are currently looking to fill the following position for our office in Medan;
NORTH SUMATRA, LANDSCAPE MANAGER (NS-LM)
CI-Indonesia requires a qualified and motivated individual as a North Sumatra Landscape Manager to implement a range of its current and future portfolios in the North Sumatra landscape.
The CI-I program in North Sumatra is working with local governments and communities to implement several activities to protect critical natural capital, to reduce emissions from land-use change while supporting sustainable production. CI-I projects typically work with government and local stakeholders to ensure the long-term sustainability of project activities through improved governance and regulations.
North Sumatra Landscape Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing a CII North Sumatra sustainable landscape program of which the pilot sites were located in South Tapanuli, Mandailing Natal, North Tapanuli, Central Tapanuli, and Pakpak Bharat. This is a senior-level position that has a proven record of good management experience and will collaborate with North Sumatra Field Program Manager in planning, managing, and implementing the CII program in North Sumatera.
North Sumatra Landscape Manager reports directly to Sundaland Program Director and will work closely with field staff and technical team in Medan, Jakarta, and HQ.
Lead CI I North Sumatra landscape initiative
- Lead North Sumatra landscape strategic interventions, biodiversity conservation, forest and land use plan management and its supporting policies.
- Identify and prioritize technical activities that are needed to successfully achieve conservation strategies and outcomes
- In collaboration with the field manager, provide technical guidance, supports, and implementation strategy to field staff for the effective delivery of field activities and to ensure the workplace is used as guidance to meet the objectives
- Conduct regular meeting NS team to track program updates and provide strategic intervention inputs aligned with CI NS landscape goals/visions
- Revisit the project work plan, KPIs, and monitoring plan at monthly or quarterly basis to track the progress of program implementation
- Conduct regular monitoring of the field to track the progress and understand challenges in the field.
- Identify gaps and capacity needs for staff and define a strategy to fill the gaps.
- Conduct quarterly meeting with operational team to plan for budget projection and procurements needed for implementation
- Ensure that the operational needs of the activities are prepared for timely and high quality of activity delivery
Lead internal and external coordination with partners in the field
- Build connection within technical staffs in NS, Jakarta, and HQ for specific areas to support improved NS strategic intervention
- Support partner organizations and consultants to work together to achieve various target of NS program activities in North Sumatra
- Represent CI program in meetings or events at the provincial level and conduct regular meeting with respective government offices to update the progress and ensure the alignment with government priorities
- Serve as a recognized technical resource and share technical best practices within and outside CI
- Build strong relationships and collaborations with other stakeholders in the field includes local government, private sectors, universities, and NGOs
Support development of CI program strategy and fundraising
- Provide technical inputs to CI NS program strategy to align with local government priorities and the needs of the landscapes which includes community and other stakeholders
- Support the development of new proposals and concepts and pro-actively proposed for new ideas based on current field condition and long-term vision of the landscapes
- Participate in relevant meetings conducted by HQ primarily related to CI southern cross: sustainable landscapes and seascapes, nature climate solution, and innovative finances
Support project reporting and administration
- Prepare donor report in collaboration with NS field program manager and relevant staffs
- Prepare monthly report which captures key achievements of the program Prepare biannually/annual (based on the agreement) progress report to local government partners in the field
- Prepare technical report such as restoration report, to be used as a technical guideline for implementation of similar activities in other sites
- Ensure that all field expenses are allowable, valid, and secure within the budget under annual work
- Ensure that travel plan, advance, and travel expenses reimbursement are accountable in line with CI rules and regulations; and
- All back to office reports are submitted in a timely manner with clearly identified follow actions, recommendations and any risks to project implementation and CI-I clearly identified and communicated clearly
- At Degree in Agriculture, environment, and natural resources
- Has experience in agribusiness, program management in north Sumatra or another location with a wide range of networking;
- Good management and leadership experience;
- Experience in coordinating and managing program support from International and National donor agencies,
- Foundations and private sources with a preference for donor;
- Ability to work effectively in cross-cultural situations with a wide range of people in both the public and private sectors, including business, government, non-governmental organizations, donor organizations, local communities, consultants, and volunteers.
- Knowledge and background in the customs and government organizations of Indonesia.
- Willingness to travel and work long hours and/or weekends, including work in arduous field.
- Proven record of success as part of interdisciplinary project teams;
- Good communication skills and develop network;
- Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading, and Writing);
- Computer literate with excellent skills in office software suite;
List additional required or preferred qualifications specific to the position.
- The applicant should have a combination of scientific, managerial, and diplomatic capacities;
- Hardworking and pays attention to details.
- Good communication skills and develop network;
- Willingness to travel and work long hours, including work in arduous field conditions, often to remote areas and work weekends and after hours as needed;
- Has experiences working in CII focus districts
- Manager should be able to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines under limited supervision
Please send your current resume and cover letter (no more than 4 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill the “subject” column of the e-mails in this format: <NS-LM> – <your name> Closing date for the application is November 30, 2020 (Only short-listed candidates will be notified).