PLAN INTERNATIONAL JOB VACANCIES 2020
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is presently implementing it’s country strategic 4 (CS 4) covering the fiscal year 2017 to 2022, where the country objective has been defined as “to identify and facilitate the removal of obstacles that prevent children from enjoying their rights and participating fully in Indonesian society”. The organization’s purpose is to “strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls”. This goal will be achieved by providing technical support and implementing quality programs and projects through partnership. An effective and efficient communications strategy is a must for Plan Indonesia to share the outcomes of these projects to influence different actors, especially state authorities, and to position Plan’s profile within and outside at different levels – starting from community, sub-district, district to national, regional and international levels. Yayasan Plan International Indonesia invites highly competent, experienced, and committed professionals to fill the following position:
MER & KM WfW Project Specialist Kupang Based
WfW MER KM Specialist will play a key role in ensuring the achievement of the WfW project objectives which relate to the accountable and measurable impact of WfW project implementation. S/he is accountable for the successful implementation of the WfW project objective and also supports YPII CS4 organizational objectives related to the WfW project. S/he will support the WfW Project Manager to strengthen YPII position as a leading organization in the WASH GESI sector, including support MER KM Manager is striving to strengthen YPII’s position as one of the leading organization working to promote girls’ rights and agency by strengthening monitoring, evaluation and knowledge management for accountability and measurable impact through providing robust data/information on decision making.
Dimensions of the Role
Reporting to WfW Project Manager, the MER KM Specialist will be responsible to support the measurement of project achievement, support the quality assurance of researches, monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management, and support WfW project to effectively ensure delivery of quality program and influence work. Key Responsibility areas are as follows:
- Leads the M&E framework development and reporting system to support project implementation
- Liaises with Project Manager to supervise and provide oversight of the work of M&E consultants and implementing partners, to ensure linkage to YPII M&E framework and Plan International standards and guidelines for Programming and Influencing.
- Plays a key role in ensuring timely monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects, coordination of monitoring activities and baseline data collection, and submission of YPII quarterly and annual reports.
- Represents YPII in exchange of information and community of practice forums and events at National, Regional and Global levels as requested by the Project Manager.
- This position does not have a budget portfolio to manage.
Monitoring and Evaluation Framework
- Ensures the development of WfW M&E framework and Indicator Tracking Table (ITT), liaise and coordinate with Project Manager to ensure that Projects M&E Framework, ITT and quarterly as well as annual plan are in place based on the Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP), provide support and mentoring as necessary to achieve this to Project Team
- Leads the development of monitoring and evaluation plans as well as tools of WfW project, ensuring quality of baseline data, availability of risks registry, monitoring activities and evaluability criteria as per the WfW project theory of change, gender transformative approach, CS4 and Plan International Area of Global Distinctiveness (AoGDs).
- Conducts and/or provides support to project monitoring activities as requested by the project manager, including support to select M&E consultants and provide mentoring to filed staff and related partners.
- Works under the technical supports from MER KM Manager to provide oversight WfW project research tools and analysis for M&E.
Quality Monitoring and Evaluation Reporting
- Collects and coordinates data collection required for timely submission of M&E reports of program and projects for CO quarterly and annual report to Regional and Global Hub, Donor (DFAT) and Australian National Office.
- Supports and provides inputs for program/projects and humanitarian response’s data collection and analysis for donor reporting.
- Ensures the utilization of PROMPT or any IT-based platform for M&E is well developed and functional to generate timely report
- Lead Gender WASH Monitoring Tools (GWMT) implementation
Knowledge Management and Outreach
- Provides capacity building and mentoring for WfW Staff on M&E, focusing on quality of data collection and tools to capture change to monitor/track project impacts to reach WfW target and YPII national target of 1 million girls.
- Actively involves in Plan International and Water for Women Fund Regional and Global Hub exercise to strengthen MERKM tools, ensuring knowledge sharing and cascade of information project manager and implementation staff
- Participates in M&E related events to present YPII as requested by the supervisor to establish networks and learn from the M&E community of practice.
- Ensuring downwards accountability to project partners and beneficiaries through production dissemination of project learning documents
- Support studies/researches within WfW Project
Safeguarding of Children and Young People
Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- WfW Project manager: direct report for ITT and M&E Framework and technical support to ensure quality of data collection and tools for Country Office and Donor;
- MER KM manager: technical support for ITT and M&E Framework and technical support to ensure quality of data collection and tools for Country Office and Donor;
- Implementation team: capacity building and mentoring on M&E especially related STBM 5 Pillars indicators and Gender WASH Monitoring Tools
- Implementing stakeholders: provide support and capacity especially on STBM 5 Pillars indicator and Gender WASH Monitoring Tools
- M&E Consultants: assess and review deliverables to ensure quality.
Technical expertise, skills, and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, statistics, public health, and any related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in project M&E, with practical knowledge on Results-Based Management and Theory of Change. Experience in working on M&E focusing on health is an advantage.
- Well informed on the trends and development in M&E, evaluation for impact, and state-of-the-art methodology for measuring development projects (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Possess knowledge and skill in research methodology and data collection for baseline and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in project reporting, knowledge management, and learning process.
- Good analytical skills.
- Well informed about methods to capture change/results of project implementation.
- Good interpersonal communication and facilitation skills for mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Possess good judgment to deal with conflict.
- Able to work both in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
- Masters/postgraduate degree in statistics and/or social science.
- Over 5 years of experience working on M&E.
- Knowledge of IT-based/Management Information Systems for M&E.
- Experience in M&E for development projects focusing on WASH, gender equality, and social inclusion.
- Range salary for this position is IDR 10 000 000,- to 13 000 000,-
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy.
- As an international child-centered community development organization, Yayasan Plan International Indonesia is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Yayasan Plan International Indonesia believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk. Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the very heart of everything that Plan International stands for. Our organization is based on a culture of inclusivity and we strive to create a workplace environment that ensures every team, in every office, in every country, is rich in diverse people, thoughts, and ideas.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights, and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes, and principles of gender equality and inclusion
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews. Please CLICK HERE and submit your letter of application and detailed curriculum vitae in English not later than November 25, 2020