ROUNDTABLE ON SUSTAINABLE PALM OIL JOB VACANCIES 2020
GRIEVANCE MANAGER ~ INDONESIA
The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) is a not-for-profit, international membership organization that is working to transform markets to make sustainable palm oil the norm. To do this, we have united stakeholders from all sectors of the palm oil supply chain and civil society to develop and implement global standards for sustainable palm oil production and procurement.
Since its inception in 2014, RSPO has enjoyed rapid growth and today has more than 4,800 members from 96 countries, including oil palm producers, processors, traders, consumer goods manufacturers, retailers, banks, and non-governmental organizations. Thanks to the commitments and actions of these members, nearly 20% of the global supply of palm oil is already certified as sustainable.
At RSPO, we believe that a non-profit organization is made successful by the passion, skills, and expertise of its people. They are the ones who drive our organization to new heights and guide us through the next phases of our development.
The Grievance Manager (Indonesia), will be responsible for the management of the RSPO grievance process in Indonesia, in accordance with the RSPO Complaints and Appeals Procedures.
A significant portion of the role will be to manage the grievance process in Indonesia effectively, to ensure that all complaints by stakeholders are appropriately managed and that resolutions of such complaints are timely, quality checked, and monitored in line with the RSPO Complaints & Appeals Procedures, and all relevant RSPO Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Manage the complaints and appeals unit operations in Indonesia to ensure quality of service, accurate and timely responsiveness is achieved and consistently maintained;
- Provide support to all parties concerned through a transparent process for resolving problems and grievances. This shall include ensuring reasonable and timely access to information about the procedures and guidance on how to submit complaints;
- Communicate with all relevant parties of the deliverables and decisions necessary for the expeditious resolution of complaints, appeals, and disputes, including obtaining independent and impartial information, as directed by the Complaints and Appeals Panels.
- To be cognisant, in all communications, about the need to maintain certain information as sensitive and/or confidential including in cases where the complainant is fearful of repercussions or involves a whistleblower.
- To work closely with other Complaints Unit members globally, and with other departments for relevant input, in the process of complaints resolution and follow up.
- To ensure that all documentation and materials related to a complaint are regulated as per the RSPO Standard Operating Procedures.
- To ensure continued strengthening and review of the Complaints system and related procedures, and provide the necessary support to other departments within the RSPO Secretariat in relation to the Complaints system.
- To be able to travel as and when required or requested (domestically & internationally) in order to attend meetings/conferences/complaints related matters, etc.
- Apart from the tasks stated above, to perform any duty/duties reasonably assigned.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- Though a Masters in Law would be advantageous, candidates with a Bachelors Degree in Law with a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience will be considered.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of processes for escalating complaints, appeals, and/or dispute resolution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal relations skills with the ability to provide critical thinking in resolving issues and conflicts.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders from various nationalities.
- Proficiency in English with good communication skills is compulsory.
- Ability in establishing cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different backgrounds and/or nationalities.
- Conscientious and willing to take responsibility.
- High integrity and a good team player.
- Goal-oriented and organized.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in an international multi-stakeholder organization, we’re making a difference to People, Planet and Prosperity is not just a statement, but what we passionately believe in.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role that offers the opportunity to broaden your skillset and develop your capabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of educational background, work experience, and related achievements to email@example.com
**RSPO is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.