NESO INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
VACANCY: SHARE Scholarship Finance & Administration Officer
The EU Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region (SHARE) Project at Nuffic Neso Indonesia Office in Jakarta is seeking a qualified candidate for a position of SHARE Scholarship Finance & Administration Officer.
The main task will be to support the to support the administrative and financial management of the project and to host events and activities (workshops, trainings, high-level conferences, etc.) in SHARE’s result area 3. Activities will be implemented throughout the ASEAN region.
The project aims at strengthening regional cooperation and enhancing the quality, regional competitiveness and internationalisation of ASEAN higher education institutions, contributing to an ASEAN Community in 2015 and beyond. It also supports the harmonisation of higher education in all ten ASEAN member states.
About the Position
The Scholarship Finance & Administration Officer assists the Nuffic’s Finance & Administration Manager and Programme Manager in providing support on logistics, administrative procedures and in administering finances in accordance with EU regulations. S/he will work in a team based in Jakarta, in close cooperation with Nuffic staff located at Nuffic’s global headquarter in Den Haag, Netherlands. In connection with events and activities traveling throughout the ASEAN region will be necessary.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Administer the financial settlement of the scholarship programme (budget, eligible expenditures, ineligible expenditures & underspent money)
- Prepare settlement reports for all fund transfers related to scholarship programme
- Monitoring the scholarship settlement and documents based on the payment disbursement process
- Maintain detailed financial records of awardees and universities participating in SHARE
- Advise and support the Finance and Administrative Manager in the day-to-day implementation of the programme
- Provide relevant information to the Finance and Administration Manager and the Programme Manager for report-writing purpose.
- Contribute to monitoring payment disbursements, audit and financial settlements processes
- Maintaining the account schedules and complete record of all pertinent financial and administrative documents
- Prepare event materials (folders, banners, collaterals, booklets, badges, etc.);
- Draft invitation letters for participants and speakers;
- Manage participants and attendance lists;
- Identify and assign local vendors and providers;
- Coordinate travel bookings and accommodation identification;
- Assist during events (registration and reimbursement, stage management, ad-hoc tasks as identified by the superior);
- Draft and coordinate contracts for ASEAN experts, speakers and consultants;
- Support on all ad-hoc administrative tasks as identified by the project management;
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or an appropriate related field with a minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience in technical role. Post-graduate degree not necessary.
- Experience in budgeting; Knowledge of EU funding would be an advantage.
- Experience in financial and accounting services; Mastery of Indonesian tax regulations; certificate or Brevet A and B preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Good IT skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook (particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good command of English, written and spoken; knowledge of at least one Southeast Asian language in addition to native language an asset
- Good knowledge in the area of ASEAN higher education policy will be an asset.
The successful candidate will be offered a monthly salary commensurate with the personal qualifications and experience. Other applicable benefits include medical benefits, various paid leaves in accordance with Indonesian Labour Law and an annual wage supplement equivalent to a month’s salary. Please note that this position is a local engagement and does not come with a mobility package. This is a fixed-term position with an initial contract duration of three months which can be extended to two years reflecting the current the availability of funding and depending on the candidate’s performance.
How to apply
Please send your application with a motivation letter to the position together with a a detailed CV and certified true copies of educational certificates/transcripts via e-mail to: email@example.com mentioning ‘SHARE Scholarship Finance & Administration Officer’ in the subject line. The deadline is 03 December 2020. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified