SAVE THE CHILDREN JOB VACANCIES 2020
Project Assistant – (200006PX)
- JOB TITLE: PROJECT ASSISTANT (Gender)
- LOCATION: Sumba island, NTT province
With a time allocation of around 70% for field/school activities and 30% for administrative activities, the Project Assistant (PA) will participate in the preparation of a monthly/annual work plan, carry out activities that have been jointly designed according to the time specified in the work plan. The Project Assistant has the responsibility to ensure the quality of activities in the Gender Project including facilitating the monitoring and evaluation process. In addition, communication support/monitoring of ongoing programs and facilitating communication with sponsor children and participating communities are also part of this work.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Education/Health/Social science
- Excellent in social and interpersonal skills.
- Familiar with educational, health and gender issues.
- Preferable English language proficiency
- Preferably local-based within Sumba Island
- Familiarity with Sumba cultural context
- Willingness to work in rural and remote areas
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and with the appropriate license
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience in the same position
- Experience in other project implementation, preferably in the field of gender project, education, health or related field within humanitarian issues or development projects
- Familiar with Microsoft software: Excel, Words, Power Point
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively within set time frames and with demonstrated impact.
- Proven experience working closely within a team.
- Independently travel to the field regularly.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural team
Equal Opportunity Employer
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Dec 2, 2020