THE HABIBIE CENTER JOB VACANCIES 2020
Job Title: Full-time researchers (ASEAN Studies Program)
The Habibie Center is expanding its ASEAN Studies Program and developing programs and research related to the ASEAN Community:
As part of this endeavor, a team of researchers will be required to fulfill our main activity outputs to:
- Conduct research on ASEAN issues;
- Organize public events on ASEAN issues.
- Write publications on ASEAN issues.
- Liaise with different stakeholders such as embassy, consultants, media, external partners etc.
- Complete deliverables as part of ongoing projects as well as to help secure future projects.
As part of its core team, The Habibie Center plans to hire full-time researchers (ASEAN Studies Program).
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Duration: Initial six months contract with potentially extended annual contract based on performance, full time (5 days or 35-40 hours per week).
- Assisting senior supervisor and program coordinator in determining the ASEAN issues that are relevant and current;
- Conducting research and managing information related to the ASEAN issues determined by the core team;
- Composing policy briefs (in English) with the support of other members of the core team on ASEAN issues determined by the core team;
- Organizing public dialogues and international seminars on ASEAN issues determined by the core team, identifying speakers and target audience and taking responsibility for the proceedings including the administrative issues;
- Actively representing The Habibie Center in ASEAN related forum and events on ASEAN in Jakarta and the region, including preparing short written;
- Attending external seminars, workshops and other events on behalf of The Habibie Center and reporting back on any topical issues;
- Assisting The Habibie Center with other activities/events when the need arises.
- Minimum master degree or relevant experience in international relations, international politics, regional studies or other related disciplines with some previous experience in related fields;
- Demonstrated strong knowledge on regional integration issues especially in the ASEAN region, and up-to-date with the general news and events regarding the ASEAN Community and ASEAN countries. Knowledge of international politics and ASEAN issues as well as Chinese studies is an advantage;
- Previous working experience in a similar role, and specifically experienced in writing policy briefs, academic articles and op-ed (in English and Bahasa Indonesia) that deals with qualitative and quantitative data;
- Strongly proficient in both spoken and written English;
- Willing to organize events such as public dialogue and international seminars and to handle administrative issues.
- Solid organizational skills, with a proven ability to prioritize projects with attention to detail;
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including local research organizations, governments and NGOs;
- Experience with handling projects, from concept stage, implementation, and reporting phases.
- Integrity, professional discretion and ability to interact effectively with diverse partners.
Send your CV, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org (via e-mail only – applications sent via other than e-mail will not be accepted) no later than Friday, 04 December 2020 (Only shortlisted candidates will be notified).