GIZ JOB VACANCIES 2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government.
During the bilateral Government Negotiations in 2019 it was agreed to launch the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative as a Financial Cooperation (FC) facility of up to 2.5 billion EUR (via subsidized development loans) to support environment- and/or climate-relevant infrastructure projects in the areas of Solid Waste Management, Urban Water and Wastewater Management as well as Local Public Transport.
The complementary bilateral Technical Cooperation (TC) Module “Green Infrastructure Development in Indonesia”, Project Number 2019.2363.0, constitutes an integral part of the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative. The Commissioning Value of the project is 4.4 Million EUR, the designated timeframe 11/2020 – 10/2023.
The TC Module was designed in the framework of an appraisal mission in June and July 2020 close cooperation with KfW and foresees the Coordinating Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Investments (CMMAI) as main counterpart for GIZ, while the Committee for the Acceleration of Priority Infrastructure (KPPIP) and 3 – 4 Provincial Governments (to be identified) will be the main operational partners.
The TC Module aims to achieve the following Outputs:
Strengthening the capacities of CMMAI and KPPIP (national level) with regard to the selection and prioritization of environment- and/or climate-relevant infrastructure projects
Identification and preliminary assessment of ca. 6 potentially bankable environment- and/or climate-relevant infrastructure projects, based on a long list of ca. 12 project ideas/concepts, in coordination with relevant stakeholders on national, provincial, regency and/ or city level.
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for one (1) position of: Senior Advisor Green Infrastructure Development at Coordinating Ministry for Maritime Affairs and Investments
- Provision of senior advisory services to CMMAI as the main counterpart of GIZ and chair of the Steering Committee of the Indonesian – German Green Infrastructure Initiative on all coordination issues related to the involved Indonesian institutions, the partner provinces, KfW and the German Embassy/BMZ;
- Guarantee the operational management of the German contribution to the TC Module towards its Objective, Outputs, Indicators and Key Activities according to the TC Module and Results Matrix;
- Safeguard the application of key quality elements of GIZ project management in relation to all operational aspects (Key GIZ-reference frameworks: Processes und Rules, Quality in Line and Capacity WORKS);
- Provision of disciplinary and conceptual leadership as well guidance on career development of all GIZ full-time project staff;
- Provision of operational coordination and quality assurance of all subcontracted consulting companies and individual Short-Term Experts
- Ensuring coordination as well as commercial and content quality control of all sub-contracted services and provide grants to third parties
- Application of relevant company policies, rules and regulation during the implementation of the project;
- Support to the Cluster Coordinator and Country Director in liaising with other development partners, international donors, the German Embassy, the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and other institutions, if required;
- Assist the Cluster Coordinator and Country Director on overarching issues related to the implementation of strategic GIZ company goals.
The incumbent performs the following tasks:
- Supports partners and Principal Advisor in identifying needs for external support and advice, elaborates on policy recommendations and develops a strategic approach for the project
- Supports partners and Principal Advisor in the development, implementation and monitoring of the Plan of Operations
- In close cooperation with the involved partner institutions and Principal Advisor defines Terms of Reference of contracted third parties and – if applicable – for grant provision in carrying out project activities, develop quality assurance as well as performance evaluation, and propose changes and improvements, when necessary.
- Coordinates and supervises the contracted institutions, individual consultants, and any other service providers in pursuance of stipulated deliverables and deadlines
- In close cooperation with the counterparts and Principal Advisor conceptualises, prepares and manages the GIZ-contributions to workshops, seminars, conferences, study trips and other events on subjects that are related to the project’s Objective and Outputs
- Coordinate the design of a comprehensive Results-Based Monitoring system, prepares reports and documents concerning the progress of collaborative activities, determines bottlenecks and identifies alternative courses of management action, in close coordination with counterparts and Principal Advisor
- Supports the Principal Advisor in managing and monitoring the commissioned project budget, in consultation with the Financial Advisor and Financial Manager
Professional advisory services
- Support partner institutions in the overall coordination and quality assurance of relevant processes in relation to project identification and development, definition of social and environmental standards, quality assurance of Pre-Feasibility Studies, drafting of gender-related guidelines;
- Advises partner institution(s) in identifying needs, developing concepts and provides technical inputs on the Green Infrastructure Development on national and sub-national level, according to the defined Outputs;
- Assists and advises on initiatives on national level to support the implementation of the bilateral Green Infrastructure Initiative;
- Coordinates the GIZ-supported processes of (further) developing, socialising and advising knowledge management and institutional learning for upscaling relevant lessons learned and good practices;
- Supports partner institutions in defining Terms of Reference and supervises contracted third parties who carry out selected project activities;
- Provides assistance in conceptualising, preparing, implementing and following up on workshops, seminars and other events on subjects that are related to the respective field of activity;
- Supports the development and organisation of quality assurance measures and proposes necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
Networking and cooperation
- Builds up and maintains close contacts with key counterparts on national and provincial and district level and other parties concerned;
- Identifies and makes contacts with project related institutions and persons in Indonesia and abroad and facilitates the communication and cooperation with them;
- Follows up on related documentation and reporting with counterparts;
- Establish project level networking and liaison with counterparts;
- Cooperates with other projects supported by GIZ, KfW and other development partners in the area of Sustainable Urban Infrastructure on national and regional level (ASEAN/Asia) in order to allow for synergies for added value of project implementation (knowledge sharing, efficient and effective resource management, broader impacts etc.)
- Facilitates the compilation of information about standards, regulations, strategies and policies relevant for the Green Infrastructure Initiative;
- Provide quality assurance in relation to drafting guidelines, manuals, and procedures, as well as their dissemination to and application by relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinates the preparation of reports, PR- and presentation materials, as well as the agreed dissemination to relevant stakeholders, in straight cooperation with the Communication Advisor;
- Prepares appropriate input to the various project reports/publications including annual reports; contributes to other reports required by the Principal Advisor and the GIZ Head Office, in straight cooperation with the Communication Advisor;
- Supports the dissemination of topics that are of interest to or will benefit the GIZ Thematic Focal Area “Sustainable Urban Infrastructure”.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Conducts field visits to the partner provinces in accordance with the requirements of the project;
- Supports other project-related activities based on the request of the Principal Advisor.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- At least Master’s Degree and/or PhD in Economics/Business, Social Science, Development Studies, Urban/Regional Development or other related academic fields, as well as additional technical studies and training.
- More than 15 years’ professional experience, with at least 2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position;
- Professional working experience in the area of urban/community infrastructure development and profound knowledge of the regulatory and institutional setup in Indonesia;
- Substantial working experience in development organisations (international and/or bilateral agencies, consultancies, development banks);
- Experience in setting up new development projects and/or comparable initiatives/establishments;
- Experience in leading/managing development projects and/or comparable initiatives/establishments with substantial budget provisions.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent command of MS-Office;
- Work experiences with data bases considered an important asset;
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems;
- Language skills: Excellent English and Bahasa Indonesia skills;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Soft skills such as teamwork, mediation & diplomatic skills are essential.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of Green Infrastructure Development Project
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to email@example.com by December 7th, 2020 with subject line GID – Senior Advisor.
Please name your file as follow format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified