NESO INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
VACANCY: SHARE Scholarship Alumni and Public Outreach Officer
The EU Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region (SHARE) Project at Nuffic Neso Indonesia Office in Jakarta is seeking a qualified candidate for a position of SHARE Scholarship Alumni and Public Outreach Officer.
The main task will be to support the development and implementation of the SHARE scholarship programme with an emphasis on Alumni/Student outreach and mobilising resources to maximise the impact of scholarship activities (workshops, trainings, high-level conferences, etc.) in SHARE’s result area 3. Activities will be implemented throughout the ASEAN region.
The project aims at strengthening regional cooperation and enhancing the quality, regional competitiveness and internationalisation of ASEAN higher education institutions, contributing to an ASEAN Community in 2015 and beyond. It also supports the harmonisation of higher education in all ten ASEAN member states
About the Position
The Scholarship Alumni and Public Outreach Officer assists the Nuffic’s Programme Manager in providing support on communications with stakeholders, logistics, administrative procedures and in administering finances in accordance with EU regulations. S/he will work in a team based in Jakarta, in close cooperation with Nuffic staff located at Nuffic’s global headquarter in Den Haag, Netherlands. In connection with events and activities traveling throughout the ASEAN region might be necessary, also depending on when and how the current Covid-19 crisis will be resolved.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to setting up the mobility scheme (Scholarship and Credit Transfer System) (e.g. administrative organisation, application procedures, communication plan)
- Establishing and maintaining regular communication with various stakeholders (applicants, awardees, alumni, ASEAN and EU Higher Education Institutions and ASEAN stakeholders)
- Handling overall daily administration and finances with regards to the management of the programme
- Implementing specific scholarship and alumni-related events
- Support staff of selected universities within ASEAN and EU with the implementation of the scholarship programme
- Prospective student counselling (online, phone, one-on-one)
- Generate and assess scholarship applications
- Support in the selection process of scholarship recipients
- Support awardees during pre-departure, study abroad and post return stages.
- Support financial settlements activities for students and universities
- Provide relevant information for report-writing; and monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Develop and implement communication strategies and be responsible for project communication management and coordination between internal and external resources
- Heighten awareness and understanding on SHARE’s mobility scheme (Scholarship and CTS) and its objectives among key stakeholders
- Draft, edit and disseminate timely public information materials such as press releases, media statements/advisories, letters, events, forewords/speeches, and factsheets by email, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates a SHARE Alumni Database System to promote alumni relations and educational programs designed to connect alumni through academic channels.
- Educate graduating SHARE Awardees about alumni benefits and engage them in life-long alumni activities
- Coordinates and trains SHARE Awardees and Alumni to volunteer on SHARE’s events, projects and programs.
- Act as the first point of contact for individuals seeking information about alumni activities; manage the alumni email inbox, Facebook page, Linked-In and other social media platforms meant to engage alumni
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Bachelor degree in any discipline, preferably in Humanities/Social Sciences majoring in Communication, Public Relations, International Relations or Development with a minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience in technical role. Post-graduate degree not necessary
- Technical skills and knowledge in project management and/or relevant fields.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organise tasks and work flows, with proven ability for accuracy under pressure and adherence to deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills; including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
- Good IT skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook (particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability and/or experiences in marketing communications, especially in developing and implementing effective social media strategies.
- Good command of English, written and spoken; knowledge of at least one Southeast Asian language in addition to native language an asset.
- Good knowledge in the area of ASEAN higher education policy will be an asset.
The successful candidate will be offered a monthly salary commensurate with the personal qualifications and experience. Other applicable benefits include medical benefits, various paid leaves in accordance with Indonesian Labour Law and an annual wage supplement equivalent to a month’s salary. Please note that this position is a local engagement and does not come with a mobility package. This is a fixed-term position with an initial contract duration of three months which can be extended to two years reflecting the current the availability of funding and depending on the candidate’s performance.
How to apply
Please send your application with a motivation letter to the position together with a a detailed CV and certified true copies of educational certificates/transcripts via e-mail to: email@example.com mentioning ‘SHARE Scholarship Alumni and Public Outreach Officer’ in the subject line.
The deadline is 03 December 2020. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified