NESO INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
VACANCY: SHARE Scholarship Credit Transfer System and Mobility Platform Officer
The EU Support to Higher Education in the ASEAN Region (SHARE) Project at Nuffic Neso Indonesia Office in Jakarta is seeking a qualified candidate for a position of SHARE Scholarship Credit Transfer System and Mobility Platform Officer.
The main task will be to support the development and implementation of the SHARE scholarship programme with an emphasis on the provision of an effective and efficient service through the SHARE CTS and Mobility Platform (accurate and timely entry of applicant information on to the SHARE Platform, correcting any errors that occur and liaising with universities and students, as necessary). in SHARE’s result area 3. Activities will be implemented throughout the ASEAN region.
The project aims at strengthening regional cooperation and enhancing the quality, regional competitiveness and internationalisation of ASEAN higher education institutions, contributing to an ASEAN Community in 2015 and beyond. It also supports the harmonisation of higher education in all ten ASEAN member states.
About the Position
The Scholarship Capacity Building and Monitoring Officer assists the Nuffic’s Programme Manager in providing support on communications with stakeholders, logistics, administrative procedures and in administering finances in accordance with EU regulations. S/he will work in a team based in Jakarta, in close cooperation with Nuffic staff located at Nuffic’s global headquarter in Den Haag, Netherlands. In connection with events and activities traveling throughout the ASEAN region might be necessary, also depending on when and how the current Covid-19 crisis will be resolved.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to setting up the mobility scheme (scholarship and Credit Transfer System) (e.g. administrative organisation, application procedures, communication plan)
- Establishing and maintaining regular communication with various stakeholders (applicants, awardees, alumni, ASEAN and EU Higher Education Institutions and ASEAN stakeholders)
- Handling overall daily administration and finances with regards to the management of the programme
- Implementing specific scholarship and alumni-related events
- Support staff of selected universities within ASEAN and EU with the implementation of the scholarship programme
- Prospective student counselling (online, phone, one-on-one)
- Generate and assess scholarship applications
- Support in the selection process of scholarship recipients
- Support awardees during pre-departure, study abroad and post return stages.
- Support financial settlements activities for students and universities
- Provide relevant information for report-writing; and monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Verifies, enters, accesses, retrieves, and maintains articulation information using the CTS Platform student information system. Ensures consistency in evaluations for courses articulated within the platform by ensuring universities update the course catalogue (database) regularly.
- Ensure that transfer credit is properly recorded on the student file allowing recognition of credit earned towards completing the course requirements.
- Ensure that students and universities complete all the CTS requirements (learning agreements, signed SHARE Charter, etc.) to ensure recognition of credits.
- Provide assistance to the platform users and timely respond to phone and email queries.
- Monitor the platform activity and suggest relevant improvements to the conception team.
- Send reminders to users in order to insure a high level of completion of the mobility process.
- Act as the first point of contact for individuals, (internal and external) seeking information about the CTS platform in coordination with CTS Expert and IT developer.
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Bachelor degree in any discipline, preferably in Humanities/Social Sciences majoring in Education, Sociology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Development with a minimum two (2) years of relevant work experience in technical role. Post-graduate degree not necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills in project management and ability to acquire them. Experience in supporting education, credit transfer system or database projects and working with governments is an advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills; including experience in cross-cultural environment and international settings.
- Good interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to develop and maintain sound working relationships with stakeholders.
- Good IT skills with adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook (particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to multi-task, work long and irregular hours, perform tasks outside the usual job scope, and willingness to travel, sometimes on a short notice.
- Good command of English, written and spoken; knowledge of at least one Southeast Asian language in addition to native language an asset.
- Good knowledge in the area of ASEAN higher education policy will be an asset.
The successful candidate will be offered a monthly salary commensurate with the personal qualifications and experience. Other applicable benefits include medical benefits, various paid leaves in accordance with Indonesian Labour Law and an annual wage supplement equivalent to a month’s salary. Please note that this position is a local engagement and does not come with a mobility package. This is a fixed-term position with an initial contract duration of three months which can be extended to two years reflecting the current the availability of funding and depending on the candidate’s performance.
How to apply
Please send your application with a motivation letter to the position together with a a detailed CV and certified true copies of educational certificates/transcripts via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘SHARE Scholarship Credit Transfer System and Mobility Platform Officer’ in the subject line. The deadline is 03 December 2020. The Selection Committee’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified