CARDNO EMERGING MARKETS JOB VACANCIES 2020
Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Adviser – for Developing Crisis/Pandemic Management Framework, Preparedness Plan and Communication Strategy
This activity will help the Jakarta City Government and TransJakarta prepare a Crisis/Pandemic Management Framework and Communications Strategy to deal with COVID-19 and similar public health and emergency situations.
The aim of this activity is to help TransJakarta enter a new normal for public transport operations which could serve as a model to replicate in other Indonesian cities and by other public transport operators. In the short to medium term, this activity could help TransJakarta prepare for a prolonged health crisis as well as a second wave. In the long term, this activity will serve as a demonstration project for other urban public transport systems in Indonesia.
The advisory team is expected to comprise of the following expertise:
- International Public Transport Adviser
- National Public Transport Adviser
- International Public Health Adviser
- International Communications Adviser
- National Communications Adviser
- National Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Adviser
This activity comprises the following two components:
- Development of a Crisis/Pandemic Management Framework (CMF) and Preparedness Plan for TransJakarta; and
- Development of a Crisis/Pandemic Communication Strategy for TransJakarta
Development of a Crisis/Pandemic Management Framework (CMF) and Preparedness Plan
Public Transport Adviser(s) and Public Health Adviser will assist TransJakarta in the development of a Crisis/Pandemic Management Framework and Preparedness Plan based on the international best practices, local laws and regulations and lessons learnt by TransJakarta in managing the COVID-19 pandemic. Advisers will incorporate inputs from Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) advisers to ensure that the framework and plan is inclusive and caters for the needs of all users and focuses on the needs of vulnerable users especially elderly, women and children who may be adversely impacted by Pandemic. Advisers will work closely with TransJakarta counterparts and hold extensive consultation with TransJakarta officials, both frontline and backoffice, and where possible with TransJakarta users to understand their needs, operating environments and prevailing conditions.
Development of a Crisis/Pandemic Communication Strategy
Communication advisers will develop a culturally appropriate communication strategy for internal and external stakeholders following the development of Crisis/Pandemic Management Framework and Preparedness Plan. Internal stakeholders will include different departments and units within TransJakarta while external stakeholders will mainly include users of TransJakarta services. Strategy will ensure appropriate communication needs of old and young users from all socioeconomic backgrounds including the use of traditional and social media platforms. GESI adviser will help to incorporate the needs of vulnerable users to ensure an inclusive approach.
This role also involves the following key activities:
The National GESI Adviser will perform the following tasks:
- Develop an outline GESI Action Plan highlighting touchpoints to mainstream gender and social inclusion elements in the Pandemic Management Framework and Communication Strategy identifying opportunities for participation of women, people with disability, and relevant community organisations in the consultation processes.
- Identify pandemic vulnerabilities and public transport needs of women, children and elderly groups.
- Identify gender-specific and disability access provisions relevant for inclusion in a Crisis/Pandemic Management Framework and include these in a culturally sensitive manner Lead on the timely and quality delivery of key outputs and reports.
- Ensure that the consultation processes in the development of Crisis/Pandemic Management Framework, Preparedness Plan and Communication Strategy affirmatively provide participation opportunities for women, people with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups.
- Support development of an inclusive Pandemic Management Framework.
- Help formulate communication protocols focusing on information needs for women, children, elderly and disabled persons.
- Help identify social inclusion elements to ensure universal reach
- Help develop culturally appropriate information sharing and dissemination protocols for all users.
Please this link to access the Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection: CLICK HERE;
You will be a motivated and proactive National GESI Adviser with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You have:
- 10 years’ experience in gender mainstreaming.
- Previous experience in public transport sector will be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a complex, and cross-cultural operating environment.
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with key personnel in government.
- Strong interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with donor processes and procedures preferred.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities.
- Knowledge and understanding of the different needs of different stakeholders such as women, the elderly, people with disabilities and others with special mobility needs.
- Available to start immediately
Qualified female candidates and candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Successful Indonesian nationals will be engaged under a local contract in IDR and will be subject to Indonesian employment regulations and tax obligations.
Why join KIAT?
The Australia Indonesia Infrastructure Partnership (Kemitraan Indonesia Australia untuk Infrastruktur – KIAT) offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining KIAT, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
How to apply
Applicants must include:
- Statement (of up to 1,000 words) addressing the candidate’s skills and experience, and outlining the relevance to the role
- Two referee names, position details and contact information
- Please APPLY from the following link: CLICK HERE;
The position closes on 7 December 2020