IUWASH PLUS JOB VACANCIES 2020
(JOB CODE: FPICA/BDS_WJDT)
The USAID Indonesia Urban Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Penyehatan Lingkungan Untuk Semua (IUWASH PLUS) program is a five-and-a-half-year initiative designed to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) in increasing access to water supply and sanitation services as well as improving key hygiene behaviors among urban poor and vulnerable populations. USAID IUWASH PLUS works with governmental agencies, the private sector, NGOs, communities and others to achieve the following “high level” results:
- An increase of 1,100,000 people in urban areas with access to improved water supply service quality, of which at least 500,000 are from the poorest 40% of the population (also referred to as the “Bottom 40%” or “B40”), vulnerable groups or Indonesia’s eastern provinces; and
- An increase of 500,000 people in urban areas with access to safely managed sanitation.
To ensure that improvements in access to WASH services are sustained, USAID IUWASH PLUS is guided by a development hypothesis that focuses on strengthening service delivery systems, so they can more effectively reach the poorest and most vulnerable segments of the population. In order to achieve this at scale, the program undertakes activities through four interrelated components, including: 1) improving household WASH services; 2) strengthening city WASH institutional performance; 3) strengthening the WASH financing environment; and 4) advancing national WASH advocacy, coordination and communication. In support of these components, USAID IUWASH PLUS also implements a Local Sustainability and Innovation Component (LSIC) that is designed to stimulate WASH innovations that strengthen community, private sector and government WASH service provision.
To achieve these outcomes IUWASH-PLUS need high caliber candidate to fill the position of Individual Consultant for Business Development Services (BDS) Consultant for Partnership with Septic Tank Supplier in the Market-Based Sanitation Program in West Java, DKI Jakarta & Tangerang (WJDT) (JOB CODE: FPICA/BDS_WJDT)
Working closely with USAID IUWASH PLUS staff to better understand work was undertaken to date, septic tank supplier, other key local actors, and related issues and challenges, the main objectives of this scope of work are to:
- Understand Septic Tank supplier market for sanitation product and USAID IUWASH PLUS sanitation market map in Bekasi City, DKI Jakarta and Tangerang Regency.
- Provide technical assistance to septic tank suppliers in support of their sales and promotion plans
- Develop a BDS Consultant Business Plan as a BDS Consultant for the sanitation sector.
- Develop clear targets and recommendations for further development and business sustainability of private sector participation within the framework of Market-Based Sanitation development.
Scope of Works
The scope of work of the Local Facilitator are include but not limited to:
Desk Review and Preparation
The selected BDS Consultant should prepare for this assignment in close coordination with USAID IUWASH PLUS for understanding related to Market-Based Sanitation and review all documents developed by USAID IUWASH PLUS. These include, but are not limited to:
- Understand Market-Based Sanitation Concept
- Understand the SNI Module
- Understand data that relates to market mapping
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Understand the criteria of outcome C1c, C1d and C1g in USAID IUWASH PLUS.
Develop a technical assistance plan for septic tank suppliers to support their sales and promotion plans.
Through depth interviews with septic tank suppliers, BDS Consultants must:
- Understand the product from assisted septic tank suppliers
- Specify septic tank and/or toilet sales target location in Kota Bekasi, DKI Jakarta and Kabupaten Tangerang
- Provide a list of target location (Kecamatan) of sanitation product sales
- Provide an estimated target of sanitation product sales in each of the target location
- Provide business plan and work plan based on depth interview result above.
Identify and assess the availability, technical competence, business acumen of Sanitation Entrepreneurs who will support business plan above and provide training, technical assistance and monitoring for them
- Identify the Sanitation Entrepreneurs who will be assisted in the target area
- Assess the capacity building and technical assistance that must be provided to each identified Sanitation Entrepreneurs, including compiling monitoring tools to monitor and report their progress on capacity building and sales. Capacity building that can be provided is training and technical assistance in product knowledge, pricing, business development, after sales services and technical construction of septic tanks.
- Strengthen the sanitation market, by strengthening business management to Sanitation Entrepreneurs.
- Established partnership between Sanitation Entrepreneur and Septic Tank supplier
- Providing technical assistance, monitoring and reporting on assisted Sanitation Entrepreneurs in terms of accelerating septic tanks and/or toilets being sold and installed.
Business Plan and Work Plan Development of BDS Consultant
BDS Consultant must also have a sustainability Business Plan and Work Plan for developing Market Based Sanitation in the three locations. The business plan must explain:
- A general description of the promotion area of sanitation entrepreneurs
- Profiles and data of the Sanitation Entrepreneurs
- The background of technical assistance and the need for capacity building of each Sanitation Entrepreneur
- Training plans and technical assistance to Sanitation Entrepreneurs,
- Sustainability approach for the WASH program,
- And clear targets and recommendations for further development and business sustainability of private sector participation within the framework of Market-Based Sanitation development
- BDS Consultants must also have a legal document as a BDS Consultant in the Sanitation sector, develop a company profile & promotional materials to promote BDS Consultant services in line with the Business Plan that has been developed.
Minimum General Qualifications:
The BDS Consultant required for this program will work for 6 months period, with the following qualifications:
Education Background (20%)
S-1 bachelor’s degree, in marketing, economic development, social, or other relative discipline.
Working Method (50%)
- Understand about promotion and marketing for specific and unusual product
- Experience in business development
- Good coordination and networking with stakeholder.
- Take advantage of facilitating in sanitation sector.
- Project result oriented.
Past Performance (30%)
- Minimum 8 year strong experiences in promotion and market development.
- Minimum 5 year strong experiences in business development.
- Preferably having work experience in NGO/government projects in sanitation.
Expected Start Date: January 2021
Interested applicants are invited to send a complete application with 3 references to IUWASH_plus_recruitment@dai.com before Dec 6, 2020. Please write the job CODE in the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.