USAID Mitra Kunci Initiative
- Position: IT Systems Specialist
- Base of Operations: Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia
- Status: STTA (Independent Consultant)
- Period of Perform: January – December 2021
- Original Level of Effort: 48 days/year
The Mitra Kunci Initiative is a five-year, $15 million, USAID-funded program implemented by DAI Global, LLC that will promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The Mitra Kunci team will provide USAID project implementers and workforce stakeholders with technical support, connections, and platforms to help build a more robust and responsive workforce development ecosystem. In addition to management support, capacity building, and coordination, DAI’s technical assistance will include identifying, piloting, and scaling new workforce development approaches and innovations. The ultimate goal of USAID’s inclusive workforce development work is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
Objectives and Duties:
The IT Systems Specialist will support Mitra Kunci to implement the Employment and Economic Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (PWD) activities through information technology (IT) and administrative support. S/he will serve as the East Java lead IT and will support IT functions related to procurement and administrative tasks in close coordination with the IT teams in Jakarta and the US-based Home Office.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Local network maintenance (cabling, switches and NIC configuration TCP/IP, NAT, TCP/IP printing, windows network and domain services on TCP/IP);
- WAN connectivity and maintenance (Internet connection and services, and devices configuration and maintenance);
- Server and server application maintenance (Hardware integration, Windows 2012 / 2016 server maintenance, Hyper-V, WSUS services, antivirus maintenance and monitoring, backup services);
- Computer hardware and application installation, configuration and maintenance (Laptops, Desktops, MS Windows 10 Pro, MS Office Suite, IBM Notes, O365 general use and troubleshooting, antivirus installation and troubleshooting);
- User support and training;
- Management and supervision of support provided by local companies (ISP or other provides or IT services);
- Regular communication with the Home Office OIMT Operations team regarding network, system hardware, and software changes/issues/updates and user registration, updates, and termination;
- Provide assistance in procurement and evaluation of all technical equipment (including phones, copiers, etc., in compliance with DAI IT Standards and procedures);
- Communicate with the OIMT Operations team regarding the implementation of special features on the system;
- Assist in properly inventorying IT equipment;
- Conduct IT assessments for beneficiaries and produce reports per DAI OIMT procedures;
- Prepare procurement specifications and SOWs for IT procurements per DAI standards;
- Review all IT procurement requests in TAMIS;
- Assist HR & Office Manager and provide advice in annual IT inventory and software audits;
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures as set forth in the project’s Field Operations Manual;
- Re-arrange e-files MK in P-drive and help maintain the regular updates with working closely with MK team (tech, admin/operation, and grant);
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Officer.
- Other tasks relevant to fulfilling the objectives of Mitra Kunci.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or other relevant studies.
- Has a minimum of five years of experience in setting up IT networks, particularly in field offices.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Proven strong IT and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken Indonesian essential, basic English proficiency an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively, and good team player
- Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
BASE OF OPERATIONS
This position will be based in Surabaya, Indonesia. The position may work remotely at times, particularly given the COVID-19 pandemic.
Reports to Surabaya Finance and Administration Officer and close coordination with HR & Office Manager and Finance and Administration Manager in Jakarta for daily operations.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to IWDP_recruitment@dai.com. Please send applications as soon as possible. The due date for this application is December 11, 2020. Applicants are instructed to write “IT Systems Specialist – NAME of Applicant” on the subject line of the email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.