GIZ JOB VACANCIES 2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization that provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has years of involvement in the area of renewable energy in Indonesia.
GIZ is currently implementing a project, funded by the International Climate Initiative (ICI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), called “Strategic Exploration of Economic Mitigation Potentials through Renewables“or ExploRE. The project aims to enhance strategic options on renewable energies (RE) in the energy, climate, development, and financial sectors and to help create a more coherent environment between key players.
The project organizes the activities in Indonesia under four outputs. Those are:
- RE deployment strategy
- Political instruments and financial environment
- Institutional building
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for the position of: Advisor – Energy & Climate Finance
- In close consultation with Principal Advisor, develop and implement a strategic plan to mitigate the financing bottleneck for RE in Indonesia within the project’s mandate to improve framework conditions for Renewable Energy (RE) through more effective collaboration between key players to create new options for using RE.
- Initiate and/or support the development and implementation of ExploRE activities especially to secure finance for financing mechanisms and implement innovative pilot projects.
- Develop and nurture relationships with key players in the Indonesian RE market, including other donors, government counterparts, financial institutions, private sector actors, and others who share the program’s goals.
- Together with Key Advisor on RE Finance, provide advisory services, technical assistance, as well as matchmaking and financial structuring to key players in the Indonesian RE market for endorsing the development and implementation of innovative financing schemes for RE as strategic options.
- Together with Key Advisor on RE Finance, support government counterparts by providing advisories on economics/financial/market study for developing roadmap to replacing fossil-based energy (e.g. LPG, old diesel power plants) with clean and sustainable energies.
- Support key players on the development of the Indonesian blended finance framework to improve the enabling environment for increased investment for RE projects.
- Identify knowledge gap among stakeholders, develop guidelines, design and implement capacity development activities in coordination with the counterpart DG-NREEC, Ministry of Finance (MOF), Ministry of National Development Planning (PPN/BAPPENAS), and relevant public and private actors to build their capacity to conduct proper assessments of RE projects/programs.
- Reporting and documentation of project results as well as review other documents concerning the progress of collaborative programs to the Principal Advisor.
Management and Coordination
- Identify and secure cooperation with a potential local and international consultant to support the delivery of the project outputs
- Develop technical Terms of References (ToR) for external consultants
- Coordinate and supervise external consultants and other service providers in pursuance of stipulated deliverables and deadlines according to ToR
- Monitor project progress, assess and review technical reports and documents, determine bottlenecks, and recommend alternative courses of management action to senior staff
- Conceptualize, prepare and implement workshops, training, lectures, study tours, and other capacity building events on subjects that are related to the ExploRE project’s key performance indicators
- Document experience from pilot projects (challenges and best practices) for policy input and review
- Prepare presentation materials such as brochures, fact sheet, and power-point presentations as outputs from pilot project results, RE technology evaluations, or other related activities, in cooperation with KIM advisor
- Contribute to project planning, monitoring, and RE strategy development, in cooperation with other advisors
- Together with Key Advisor on RE finance, develop and implement innovative financing scheme for solar PV rooftop in Indonesia for tourism, industry, and retail sectors.
- Providing support and technical assistance for National Designated Authority (NDA), national Accredited Entities (AEs), and potential implementing agencies of Green Climate Fund (GCF) on RE related projects.
- Conceptualize, facilitate/assess and promote scalable & replicable business model(s) and financing option(s) for various forms of RE.
- Link-local and international clean energy and climate financing opportunities to potential pilot projects.
- Contribute to the development, supervision, and monitoring of implemented RE pilot projects.
Networking and cooperation
- Maintain and develop close contacts with the project main counter partner DG NREEC and other counter partners such as the Ministry of Finance (MOF), Ministry of National Development Planning (PPN/BAPPENAS), and so on.
- Develop relationships with key multi-national and national private sector businesses who are or may be considering investing in RE project(s) either as an outside investor, developer, or for own use/captive power, or as IPP.
- Actively maintain and develop close contacts with other bilateral and multilateral donors and develop fields of cooperation between potential partners and the project.
- Maintain and follow up close contacts with the Indonesian private RE sector like technology providers, industries, project developers, etc. in order to identify innovative financing options for RE in Indonesia.
- Develop and maintain contacts and foster dialogue with other national stakeholders such as NGOs, other ministries, and relevant private stakeholders related to the RE sector, especially organizational financing for RE in Indonesia and international RE financing.
- Prepare presentation materials such as brochures, fact sheets, and power-point presentations for finance-related activities.
- Facilitate exchange and identify potential cooperation with other GIZ projects and government partners on the utilization of data and information of Finance-related activities.
Other duties / additional tasks
- Stay abreast of developments in global and Indonesian approaches for RE financing, stay updated informed about ExploRE project activities.
- Subject to discussions with the Principal Advisor, the Advisor may be allocated for additional tasks and other duties for shorter periods.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in finance, economics, environment-related major, or any relevant discipline. Preferably with a good understanding of the economic and financial aspects of RE.
- 3 – 5 years professional experience in energy, sustainable energy, climate, RE finance, or climate finance-related area in Indonesia with a national or international (development) bank, investor, ministries/government institutions, or other national/international institution is required.
- Prior experience and knowledge of the Indonesian RE market and development are required.
- Knowledge of financing schemes for RE, international donors, and sustainable banking issues in Indonesia is an asset.
- Prior experience and an excellent network of contacts with related ministries and government institutions such as DG NREEC, MOF, and/or PPN/BAPPENAS is an asset.
- Prior experience and an excellent network of contacts with First Mover on Sustainable Banking (IKBI), local financial institutions, and the authorities such as the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and Financial Services Authority (OJK) is an asset.
- A proven track record of successfully bringing projects/activities from idea/concept to implementation is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams).
- Strong consulting, proposal-writing, management, and organizational skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Bahasa and English;
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new things;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet critical deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with development agencies, non-governmental organizations, and relevant private sector players.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of ExploRE project
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16th, 2020, with the subject line ”ExploRE – Advisor E & CF”
Please name your file as the following format: [Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]
(i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified