USAID – EGSA PROJECT JOB VACANCIES 2020
SCOPE OF WORK
Cooperative Management Research Assistant
- Project: Economic Growth Support Activity
- Task No: 7294971F00006
- Funder: USAID
- Location: Indonesia, Jakarta
- Position: Cooperative Management Research Assistant
- Level of Effort: Up to 40 days
- Expertise: Cooperatives, Microfinance, MSME, Economic Research
- Level: 1 Junior Consultant
- Location: Jakarta
- Report to: EGSA Economic Growth Expert
USAID/INDONESIA ECONOMIC GROWTH SUPPORT ACTIVITY (EGSA)
The objective of this consultancy service is to assist senior experts in conducting studies on cooperatives modernization, drawing on best practices, and supporting policy development as input to the Ministry of Cooperative and Small Medium Enterprises (SME).
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to the development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
Devtech is implementing USAID funded Economic Growth Support Activity (EGSA) in Indonesia. EGSA enables i) evidence-based decision making through ongoing analysis linking the Indo-Pacific Strategy (IPS), Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR), and Government of Indonesia (GOI) priorities and potential USAID/Indonesia assistance under USAID/Indonesia’s next Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS); (ii) increases and improves GOI technical capacity in tax collection, public expenditure, and financial accountability; and (iii) improves business enabling environment for foreign and domestic business entities.
EGSA is seeking a qualified short terms junior research assistant (STTA) in cooperatives to assist the senior expert in conducting the cooperative modernization study.
The research assistant will work closely with EGSA EG Team and Ministry of Cooperatives and SME to undertake the following tasks:
- Arrange and coordinate communication with relevant stakeholders at central and sub-national government levels
- Provide general administrative support for the implementation of the study
- Assist the Senior Expert to develop the questionnaires for data collection.
- Assist the Senior Expert in arranging and conducting data collection for the study
- Provide support with data analysis and report writing
- Minutes of Meeting (MOM) and documentation of coordination meetings with Ministry of Cooperatives and SME and Sub-national Government’s Department of Cooperatives
- Report/summary of findings from data collection activities (FGD, survey, etc)
- List of participants and contact details of the stakeholders.
All deliverables must follow USAID format and acceptable by USAID.
- Experience in conducting research on cooperatives, microfinance, or economics
- Good understanding of cooperatives role and updates in Indonesia
- Good writing and communications skills
- Proficiency in Indonesian and English
- An undergraduate degree or an advanced degree from a nationally recognized university in economics, management, finance, public policy, or other related fields.
- At least 4 years of experience and research in cooperatives, microfinance, or economics
- Prior work experience with the GOI agencies related to cooperatives or in a similar capacity is preferred.
- Willing to travel within Indonesia
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral
LEVEL OF EFFORT
The experts are expected to commence services initially for up to 40 days of work from December 2020 to March 2021, including travel to locations outside of Jakarta.
Please submit your application by Dec 13, 2020, through the link provided below CLICK HERE