WOMEN’S FUND ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Women’s Fund Asia (WFA) seeks an IT consultant or firm with expertise in system administration and digital security. This posting is open to any of the 18 countries we work in Asia, as well as Singapore and Taiwan.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
The consultant would advise the leadership of the organization to develop and implement policies and measures to ensure the security of its digital systems.
Monitoring and maintenance of digital systems
- Monitor and maintain computer systems of a geographically distributed team. Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Support staff with varying levels of computer knowledge to resolve technical issues, including documentation and relevant reporting.
- Troubleshoot system and network issues, diagnosing and solving hardware or software problems.
- Develop technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
- Manage user accounts for email and storage systems, as well as assist with the management of accounts for various online services such as video conferencing, etc.
- Perform risk assessment, operational security planning, and initial incident response.
- Implement and enhance backup and recovery procedures.
- Ensure that user activities are in compliance with computing policy and best practices.
- Test and evaluate new technology.
- Support website content updates and website maintenance.
- Support design company for a website revamp to ensure the website aligns with digital security best practices.
- A University degree in computer science, information technology, electronics engineering, or related functional area is desirable. Certifications in the following would be an advantage: CompTIA A+ and/or Security+, Cloud+, and other vendor-agnostic IT certifications.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in monitoring and maintaining digital systems, including hardware and networks. Work experience in the setup and management of remote IT infrastructure will be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrable skills in IT support for Windows and Mac OS clients for both hardware and software (deploy/repair/maintain/upgrade). Knowledge of open standards and open-source solutions (Firefox, Thunderbird, Signal, Wire, etc.)
- Knowledge and interest in security measures for clients/servers (e.g. encryption, updates, monitoring, limited installations, separation). Keeps up to date on current trends and developments, and able to translate them into practice within the organization.
- Experience in risk assessment and operational security planning and incident response desired.
- Ability to advise on procurement of IT equipment and materials with a focus on upgradeability, repairability/reusability (eco-friendliness), security, and TCO.
- Excellent management skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently in a virtual office setting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a must; familiarity with database programs will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in web programming languages, content management systems, web analytic tools, and secure web hosting services is required.
- Ability to work with mutual respect in a diverse and multicultural environment is a must.
- Ability to undertake extensive local and international travel.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a part-time position for six (6) months with the potential to become a full-time position with renewable contract in the future, after satisfactory completion of this part-time consultancy.
- The remuneration will be commensurate with work experience and skills.
- The organization has a zero-tolerance for sexual harassment at the workplace; as well as any form of discrimination on any grounds including but not limited to sex, gender, sexual orientation, class, caste, race, and disability; the practice of which could result in immediate termination of services with no compensation, reference, or experience certificates.
- The impact of sound judgment, decision‐making, and management/leadership in this job function is of utmost importance to the organization and its overall ongoing success.
How to apply
Women, people with disabilities, and those who identify as LBTIQ are encouraged to apply for the position. The person can be based anywhere in the mandated countries of WFA.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter. Please apply by 15 December 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for IT Consultant.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 30 December 2020. Please review the terms of reference and requirements before applying