WWF INDONESIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
If you care about the environment and want to contribute to conservation efforts in Indonesia, this is the opportunity for you to join the national conservation organization in Indonesia. Yayasan WWF Indonesia, an independent national conservation organization, is part of a global network of WWF. Yayasan WWF Indonesia is currently seeking the best candidate for the position of Forest Specialist. This position will be based in Tanjung Selor, Kalimantan Utara, and report directly to the Project Coordinator.
Purpose of the position:
To develop sustainable forest management activities, applying models or expertise in forest management, building cooperation with parties, taking an active role in supporting and implementing forest management policies in accordance with the objectives and expected outcomes of a project.
Scope of works
- Planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating related activities in the forestry sector in the project. Communicating, coordinating, and making appropriate decisions in carrying out projects. Conduct a risk assessment of the project being undertaken and provide alternative solutions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies in the forestry sector at both the regional and national levels.
- Build active participation of stakeholders (government, academics, NGOs, private sector, and society) in coordination, lobbying, consultation, facilitation, and collaboration in the implementation of forestry programs.
- Providing, facilitating, and publishing various knowledge to stakeholders as a means of capacity building, education, and advocacy to support public participation in sustainable forest management.
- Monitoring and evaluating program activities periodically, ensuring the achievement of implementation, challenges, and obstacles for each intervention carried out, and providing recommendations for follow-up plans for ongoing or future programs.
- Produce periodic and/or ad hoc reports to document activities related to forest conservation activities, successes and/or lessons learned, to ensure documentation of inputs for future conservation activities
- Monitor social forestry projects and programs related to compliance with conservation guidelines and policies as well as methodological aspects and recommendations for adjustments if necessary.
- A bachelor’s degree in forestry, biology, environment, or similar fields.
- At least 4-5 years of working experience in sustainable forest management issues/programs, collaborative forest management, community development in natural resource management, and development of forest and land restoration.
- Able to work in a remote area with very limited communication access
- Demonstrate good communication skills to government and communities.
- Good reporting and computer skills.
- Economic Development
- Facilitation skill
- Policy & regulation
- Advocating skill
- Assessing the quality
- Public speaking
Please share your CV/resume & cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Forest Specialist – Tanjung Selor” not later than 7 days after this vacancy publication.