WORLD RESOURCES INSTITUTE JOB VACANCIES 2020
The main objective in this development is to support One Map Policy (OMP) in Indonesia by contributing in data security. The strategy is to effectively handle all matters related to digitalization of government system especially in data security. However, there are so many challenges such as the issues in geospatial data security, geospatial data sharing, data misuse/abuse and other challenges related to geospatial data management.
The main goal is having a specific PythonTM application which also utilizes the existing libraries provided by JavaTM to support digital signature on geospatial data.
WRI Indonesia is currently assisting government to develop and maintain:
- Digital Signature/Tanda Tangan Elektronik (TTE) system for geospatial data
- Additional system related to TTE
- Maintaining existing platform owned by Badan Informasi Geospasial (BIG)
- Collaborate with other developers and teams for particular program.
IT Technical Work (80%)
- Provide expertise on Information Technology (IT) in technical and operational aspects to support WRI Indonesia’s One Map Initiative and Government activities.
- In collaboration with BIG IT team, conduct or support programming processes towards effective and efficient IT system to accelerate the implementation of One Map Initiative.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and WRI Indonesia’s Jakarta Team, design business processes that can accommodate user needs for One Map Initiative, as well as developing sub-national technical instructions and Standard Operating Procedures.
Communication Related to IT Works (20%)
- Solving the problem, giving the options for optimisation, develop strategy to meet the deadline and arrange the schedule needed to deliver products in/on time.
- In consultation with the Project Coordinator, develop implementation plan of IT development to align with WRI Indonesia’s implementation plan.
- Liaise closely with Administration Officer for technical aspects, and with Legal Analyst for standards and criteria pertaining to IT development.
- In collaboration with other WRI officers in regional office to align with the One Map Initiative programs, such as debugging geoportal system, updating system, and any other issues related to online system in respected region.
- At the end of the assignment, the Consultant shall submit a Final Report that includes the accomplishments of the Consultant for the period of the assignment, including constraints experienced and any recommendation for improvement.
- Reports and products/results shall be submitted in electronic to the Sustainable Land Use Project Lead.
- Legally able to work in Indonesia.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferably with coursework in information technology, software engineering, and/or information management system.
- Professional working experience in the field of IT as well as able to demonstrate skills and knowledge to perform this assignment professionally.
- Minimum three years of experience in Python or Java programming.
- Minimum one years of experience working with local governments, civil societies and/or the private sectors entities.
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Understanding of, and experience in several Python & Java Libraries
- Understanding of, and experience in data security
- Understanding of, and able to develop application using these technologies:
- Unix, Linux, and Windows environment.
- Python and Java as main programming language
- Understanding of, and able to design and setup server and network configuration.
- Familiarity with Python or Java libraries such as Jython, Py4J, etc.
Period of Work
December 2020 – 30 April 2021
Terms of Payment
Daily rate consultant with maximum 18 working days per month in average
Must have authorization to work in Indonesia to be eligible for this position.
Final candidates might be required to take a writing test and to produce two writing samples when needed.
Consultant rate: Consultant rate is commensurate with experience and skills.
Qualified applicants should apply online through WRI career portal CLICK HERE in order to be formally considered.
Application close: 1700 (Jakarta Time), 14 December 2020. We will close the advert earlier when the best candidates are identified at earlier dates.
This is a locally engaged position; Indonesian nationals are encouraged to apply.