UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND JOB VACANCIES 2020
- Job Title: Social Policy Officer, NO-B, Banda Aceh, Indonesia, Post# 105901
- Job no: 536480
- Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Location: Indonesia
- Division/Equivalent: Bangkok (EAPRO), Thailand
- School/Unit: Indonesia
- Department/Office: Banda Aceh, Indonesia
- Categories: Social and Economic Policy, NO-2
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Courage
Under the supervision of the Chief Field Office in Banda Aceh, Social Policy Officer is accountable for providing technical support and assistance in all stages of social policy programming and related advocacy from strategic planning and formulation to delivery of concrete and sustainable results. This includes programs aimed at improving (a) public policies to reduce child poverty; (b) social protection coverage and impact on children; (c) the transparency, adequacy, equity, and efficiency of child-focused public investments and financial management; and (d) governance, decentralization and accountability measures to increase public participation and the quality, equity and coverage of social services. This encompasses both direct program work with government and civil society partners as well as linkages and support to teams working on education, health, child protection, water and sanitation, and HIV.
- Title: Social Policy Officer
- Level: NO-B (National Professional Category)
- Type of Contract: Fixed-Term, Post #105901
- Duty Station: Banda Aceh
- Post Effective date: 1 January 2021
This is a re-advertisement: applicants who had previously applied will be considered and need not re-apply.
How can you make a difference?
- Improving data on child poverty & vulnerability for increased use for policy and program action
- Strengthening social protection coverage and impact for children
- Improving use of public financial resources for children
- Strengthening capacity of local governments to plan, budget, consult on and monitor child-focused social services.
- Strengthened advocacy and partnerships for child-sensitive social policy
- UNICEF Programme Management
Please refer to the Job Profile for more details
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years of relevant professional work experience in the UN, government, or other national/ international development organizations is required.
- Familiarity with government planning and budgeting processes, Indonesia’s social protection programs, child poverty, participatory planning, and community development is an asset.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People, and Drive for Results.
The functional competencies required for this post are…
- Builds and maintains partnerships
- Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
- Drive to achieve results for impact
- Innovates and embraces change
- Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Works collaboratively with others
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. This vacancy is open for Indonesians only.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information in your profile. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure accuracy and completeness. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Nov 26 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Application close: Dec 10 2020 SE Asia Standard Time