INISIATIF PERUBAHAN AKSES MENUJU SEHAT JOB VACANCIES 2020
Yayasan Inisiatif Perubahan Akses Menuju Sehat (IPAS) Indonesia, is a local foundation that works as an affiliation of Ipas global so that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights through enhanced access to and use of safe abortion and contraceptive care as per Indonesia’s Law. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Advocacy & Communications Officer, based in Jakarta.
The position is open for Indonesian nationality only.
The Senior Advocacy & Communications Officer is responsible to lead the advocacy and campaign work aim to ensure the provision of comprehensive SRH service for women and girls in Indonesia. The primary focus of this position is to lead the advocacy work based on a comprehensive and clear strategy that describe the advocacy landscape, opportunities, targets and allies, potential blockers, pathway, and milestones. The main task includes but not limited to building good relationships with advocacy targets in and out of government bodies. In collaboration with the HSS Specialist, s/he is responsible to draw lessons learned from the piloting services in health facilities and showcase the good-enough model in advocacy work at the central level. S/he will also be responsible to maintain mutual and progressive partnerships with diverse civil society movements relevant to the advocacy work and mission of Yayasan IPAS Indonesia.
This position will report to the National Program manager and s/he will need to coordinate with other units and relevant staffs in Yayasan Ipas Indonesia.
- Lead the development of advocacy strategy which include but not limited to map advocacy landscape and opportunities, as well as defining focus, pathways, and milestones
- Lead the development of a clear and measurable communication strategy that link to the advocacy strategy
- Contribute to the development of country program design and when deemed necessary to the establishment of Yayasan IPAS’s country strategy
- Translate lesson learned from piloting SRHR service in health facilities into advocacy and communication strategy and work plan
- Manage the implementation of advocacy and communication activities. This includes but not limited to drafting policy papers and working with media partners. relevant with the program’s advocacy focus on SRHR issues
- Provide technical support to another unit on advocacy work and focus. This includes but not limited to support the HSS unit to strategize partnership with key stakeholders such as the Ministry of Health, provincial and district health office, medical professional association, and health facilities
- Manage sub-grants for advocacy work
- Supervise external consultant to ensure their workers are inline and contribute to the successful advocacy and communication strategy and focus
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Monitor the progress of advocacy and campaign work. This includes but not limited to conduct monitoring missions to partner organizations and review the performance of external consultants in regards to compliance to the workplan, quality implementation, and achievement of outputs and outcomes.
- Coordinate the documentation and drawing of lesson learned from advocacy and campaign work
- Contribute to another unit in drawing lesson learned from piloting the establishment and strengthening of the comprehensive SRH service for women and girls in health facilities, establish and strengthening referral system, and other local and national level initiatives initiated by the organization
- Participate in documentation and analysis to draw lesson learned within the country program
- Develop a detailed budget plan for the advocacy and communication component. This includes ensuring budget plan from sub-grantees comply with Ipas Indonesia’s regulation
- Coordinate with the finance team to monitor Budget vs Actual (BvA) performance under her/his responsibility. This includes the performance of sub-grantees and external consultant
- Collaborate with the National Program Manager on conducting regular monitoring of balance between program achievement and budget utilization
HR & Administration
- Understand and comply with the HR regulation in Yayasan Ipas Indonesia
- Ensure all activities comply with the regulation in Yayasan Ipas Indonesia
- Document program activities and other relevant documents and products in the designated portal (for instance in Luna and Terra)
- Understand and practice ethical process and behavior as per the organization’s standard
- Contribute to a safe working environment where every team member is treated equally and respectfully
- Ensure sub-grantees and external consultant understand and practice ethical process and behavior while in partnership and implement program with Yayasan Ipas Indonesia
Perform other related duties as required
- Master’s degree in relevant field (reproductive health, public health, or law). Degree in medical study will be an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in advocacy and policy development
- Proven experience in managing team
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Experience in government relation or working with government actors at the central level
- Deep knowledge of Reproductive Health issues with orientation towards improving the space for health
- Ability to influence, strengthen and nurture a network of civil society movement on Reproductive Health
- Fluent in English and Indonesian (speaking and writing)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this post, please apply online at the link provided HERE.
Application shall be sent by 20 December 2020, at the latest.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted