AHA CENTRE JOB VACANCIES 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Job Title: Preparedness and Response Officer
- Position Base: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Reporting to: Assistant Director for Operations-Preparedness and Response
Broad Statement of Function
- Carry out activities pertaining to disaster preparedness and response; particularly in deployment of ERAT, disaster assessment, situation reports; initial impact and needs assessment and damage reports;
- Assist in implementing cooperation programs and projects to further improve ASEAN disaster preparedness and response;
- Assist in implementing activities to attain objectives as stated in specific plans of action, such as AADMER work programs related to AHA Centre and strategic work plans of the AHA Centre;
- Carry out any other assignments as tasked by his/her supervisors
- Manage and carry out AHA Centre activities pertaining to preparedness and response; and ensure a high level of professionalism in those areas
- Monitor, continuously and jointly with other officers, through the Disaster Monitoring and Response System (DMRS) potential disasters that may strike and be ready to assist in responding at any moment’s notice on a 24/7 basis;
- Assist in performing regular exercises to test AHA Centre connectivity with emergency operations centers of NDMOs;
- Maintain up‐to‐date information on Member State National Focal Point (NFP) and Competent Authorities (CA) , and any subsequent changes in their designations;
- Maintain and update the ERAT Roster on a regular basis, including their necessary certifications and basic equipment to ensure their readiness for deployment anytime on a 24/7 basis;
- Assist in maintaining the readiness and facilitating the mobilization of the ERAT to the affected country;
- Monitor movement of and compile information from ERAT when they are deployed;
- Provide assistance to ERAT in solving on‐the‐ground challenges during emergency operations;
- Process administrative requirements to facilitate assistance to affected country NDMO when disaster occurs;
- Assist in periodically reviewing regional standard operating procedures;
- Assist in carrying out relevant training and/or simulation exercises to maintain the applicability of standard operating procedures and test emergency preparedness and response mechanisms;
- Collect and compile information on disaster assessment from various sources, including from UN Disaster Assessment Coordination (UNDAC) and others;
- Assist in preparing disaster situation reports; initial impact and needs assessment and damage reports;
- Analyze each Situation Update received from the NFP of the affected country and immediately notify other NFPs of the significant developments to the disaster and may, where appropriate, use some information to inform other entities, particularly through the relevant ASEAN website and Virtual OSOCC, to update the international emergency response system of the ongoing disaster situations in the ASEAN region;
- Process the administrative requirements for deploying on‐site AHA Centre Liaison Officer(s) to the affected country;
- Assist the Division in developing and finalizing contractual arrangements to mobilize assistance to the affected country;
- Maintain communication linkages and rapport with peer‐level officers in the NDMOs;
- Prepare and record documentation on activities relating to emergency preparedness and response;
- Prepare necessary documents for and monitor the utilization of budget allocated to the Unit;
- Follow and carry out emergency preparedness and response procedures as stipulated in the SASOP
- Preferably Master’s Degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Disaster Management; Emergency Management; Disaster Risk Reduction; Natural Resource Management; Environmental Management;
- Business Management or relevant subject
- At least three years of experience with a proven track record and exposure to disaster and emergency response operations in a government, international organization, and/or private sector;
- Experience in dealing with a wide spectrum of areas in disaster management and developmental cooperation (policies, trends, issues, and development) both at the regional and international environment;
- Exposure to relevant activities dealing with various international organizations, related institutions, and/or private sector
Planning and organizing: Ability to establish a coherent course of action to achieve goals, ability to translate plans into actions, organize work, monitor & review outcomes, and communicate the results clearly both orally and in writing;
Teamwork and coaching: Ability to build trust and respect among fellow team members and contribute to the resolution of workplace conflict;
Communications and interpersonal skills: Ability to expresses thoughts clearly, accurately, and succinctly in verbal and in writing to different audiences, and ability to relate well with others and to maintain relations with cordiality and diplomacy;
Effective problem-solving skills: Ability to use sound judgment and initiative, develop options and achieve outcomes;
Ability to work in a multi‐cultural setting and under pressure: Ability to interact effectively with people from different cultures, ability to multi-task and remain efficient and productive under pressure;
Organizational awareness: Ability to align thinking and actions to organizational values;
Flexibility and adaptability: Ability to respond positively to change and new organizational practices, structures, procedures, and technology; and
Personal credibility: Has high regard for self-discipline, good attendance record, respect punctuality and set an example to others, show consistency in words and actions, has high integrity, and is conscientious.
- Good understanding of disaster emergency assessment, preparedness, and response operations;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with disaster preparedness and response concepts and operations;
- Exposure to disaster emergency response operations;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of concepts of information and communications technology;
- Good regional and international awareness of developments in disaster management.
The AHA Centre urgently invites the best, most-talented and highly-motivated individuals from ASEAN Member States to apply for this position.
You may apply by sending your application to email@example.com, highlighting your suitability and potential contribution to the position together with a detailed CV, certified true copies of educational certificates obtained, and completed AHA Centre Employment Application Form.
Application papers should reach us by 28 December 2020.
Please ensure that the total size of your email including attachments is no more than 5 MB.
Please indicate the name of the position that you are applying for on the subject of your email. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Selection Panel’s decision is final and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.