INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
OPEN TO EXTERNAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- Reference No: CFCV/ID10/2020/049
- Position Title: Consultant – Development of training materials and manual for legal clinic practitioners and paralegals
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Organization Unit: Counter-Trafficking/Labour Migration
- Duration of Contract: Consultancy Contract, four months (120 days)
- Type of Appointment: Consultancy
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 14 December 2020
Nature of the consultancy & IOM Project to which the Consultancy is contributing
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing service and advice to governments and migrants.
The IOM is implementing a project titled: “AMPUH: Advancing Measures to Prosecute TIP and Protect VOTs” funded by the U.S Department of State. the project’s overall goal is to contribute towards the Government of Indonesia (GoI) efforts to combat Trafficking in Person (TIP) of men, women, and children in Indonesia. Under this project IOM aims to strengthen the capacity of university legal clinic practitioners to provide pro-bono legal counseling and assistance to the victim of trafficking. In doing so, IOM will develop the training curriculum and manual as well as information kits for the legal practitioners on TIP-related issues, including information on victim rights and available services for victims, legal procedure and case handling, etc which designed specifically for university legal practitioners.
Task to be performed under this contract
The consultant will be responsible to conduct the following assignment:
- Develop training curriculum and manual for legal clinic practitioners on TIP, which comprise an overview on TIP legal framework in Indonesia, rights for the victim of trafficking outlined by the Indonesian law as well as referral mechanism in assisting victim of trafficking based on Indonesia policy.
- Develop information kits (booklet and infographics) on the Victim’s rights and available services for victims of trafficking as well as the channels for assisting victims of trafficking.
The consultant needs to detail out methodology for the proposed activities however, the following can be considered:
- Creative idea and methodology in delivering training manual.
- Use a case studies approach to ensure the understanding of targeted participants to the specific topics on the training manual.
- Utilize IOM X sources as a reference and guidance in designing the information kits.
- Tangible and measure output of the work assignment
The consultant will be responsible for training curriculum and manual development as well as the information kits for legal clinic practitioners and paralegals. Close consultation with IOM at every step is required. The consultant will have the following deliverables (both in Bahasa Indonesia and English) but not limited to:
First month: Final the outline of training curriculum and manual as well as information kits endorsed by IOM
Second month: First draft of training curriculum and manual as well as information approved by IOM.
Fourth month: Final draft of training curriculum and manual as well as information kits approved by IOM.
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered
The total duration for this assignment is proposed 4 months (120 days).
Performance indicators for evaluation of results (value of services rendered in relation to their cost)
The quality targeted and detailed of the work performed as established in above as well as compliance with agreed delivery dates.
Remuneration and Terms of Payment
The Consultant will receive an all-inclusive consultancy fee will be paid to the bank account indicated by the Consultant in the following installments:
- The first installment in the amount of 20% of the consultancy fee shall be paid upon signing off the contract.
- The second installment in the amount of 30% of the consultancy fee shall be paid upon submitting the outline and concept of training materials and the information kits prior to IOM approval.
- The third installment in the amount of 50% of the total fee shall be paid upon submission and acceptance by IOM of the first of training materials and information kits.
- Reporting Lines (Type of supervision that will be provided)
The Consultant will work under the direct supervision of the IOM Indonesia’s National Program Officers for the CT MPA Unit. As work progress, the Consultant will share expected delivery results with the NPO for her review. The IOM NPO will ensure to provide timely comments to the consultant’s work and address any Consultant’s request (i.e. additional information, government contacts, etc.).
IOM Indonesia will assist the Consultant in sharing any existing IOM materials relevant to the subject matter.
The Consultant is expected to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The consultant will need to submit a technical and financial proposal in ENGLISH.
Each Submission Must Include the Following:
- Consultant Profile: A brief summary of the consultant’s expertise, including records on past experience in similar assignments and the name of the references.
- Technical Proposal with detailed process, proposed training manual outlines, sample and useful techniques used in training session, Workplan covering phases and processes of task development. Had experiences particularly in trafficking in persons and safe migration training development is an advantage.
- Sample of previous work (including training and manual development)
Financial Proposal listing all costs associated with the assignment. In particular, the financial proposal should itemize the following:
- Consultancy fees in local or USD currency per day;
- Variable costs inclusive of design and consultant’s team (if applicable); meeting/FGDs/KIIs costs.
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/experiences required:
- The proposed consultant(s) should have the following competence.
- At least a Master degree in law/social science with 5 years of experiences or a Bachelor’s in Law/social science with a minimum of 8 years of experience in the development sector and specific experience in developing training materials and the information kits and deliver the training, particularly to subject related to trafficking in persons issue.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to produce outputs as per agreed deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to draw lessons from relevant international, regional, and national practices and processes of the trafficking in persons cases adjudication.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and good analytical, drafting skills.
HOW TO APPLY
The consultant will need to submit applications in ENGLISH, with:
- A letter of interest (1-page max.), clearly specify suitability and availability date.
- Detailed Curriculum vitae. Applicants should clearly indicate information on previous work and/or experience in translating the document.
Application shall be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above CFCV/ID10/2020/049 as subject.
The deadline for applications is 14 December 2020
Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meet the above qualification will be considered