ISLAMIC RELIEF JOB VACANCIES 2020
About the Organisation:
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organization with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe. Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operating since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Disaster Risk Reduction
The geographical area are Banten, NTB, Aceh, and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia is looking to recruit a Project Coordinator based in Palu – Central Sulawesi.
For this particular assignment, you will perform your duties under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme and dotted line supervision from the Country Director.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Programme, the Project Coordinator will lead the implementation of the SUCRA Project, ensure the project deliverables are fully met in accordance with the donor and Community expectation, and guide the project team in undertaking day to day project activities including monitoring and evaluation. The post holder will also identify the relevant method Cash and Voucher Assistance utilization (restricted, non-restricted and etc.) along with CVA Specialist, He must perform his assigned areas with respect to technical assessments, awareness-raising, beneficiary profiling, designing and delivering trainings. The respected position will build a good relationship with local government, peers, and local communities.
Specific Skills &Responsibilities:
- Implement all activities plan according to the Detailed Implementation Plan
- Running project to improved well-being of the vulnerable group amidst Covid19
- Pandemic in Central Sulawesi.
- Design and conduct technical assessments, initiate dialogue and consultation with surrounding community members
- Maintain liaison with other partners, GO, and NGOs for collecting/sharing information in the assigned area
- As part of interviewer panel in the recruitment process of new project staff and volunteers
- Prepare Report (Monthly Report, Interim and final narrative report to the donor)
- Initiate the capacity building for the project team this includes the thematic sector and specific modality outlined in the project
- Ensure Safeguarding, PSEA are adhered with the project implementation
- In close coordination and collaboration with the MEAL Coordinator for Project Monitoring and Evaluation. These might involve project trackers (On track), MUR, PDM, and any forms of data collection methods. He shall conduct a periodic project review/evaluation and learning
- Set up the volunteer management. This include induction, capacity building, and regular coaching and mentoring
- Relevant education background in social development, management
- Four years minimum experience in the relevant field.
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Computer literate with fluency of using Microsoft Word, Excel, survey tools
- Experience in communicating with district & village government, organizations, and communities.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct/oversee evaluations, reviews, assessments, etc.
- Experience in the evaluation of development projects using a range of qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Proven experiences in cash and voucher assistance management is preferred
- Able to write report in English with minimum revision/edit
- Knowledge and practical understanding of and ability to work within both relief and development NGO contexts.
Strong interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and commitment to Islamic Relief’s overall aims and objectives, including gender, equality, and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic Relief’s work.
Islamic Relief is a faith-based-non government organization that respects diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender, race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
All Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of our field project
How to apply:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The deadline for submitting applications: 21 December 2020