HIVOS SOUTHEAST ASIA JOB VACANCIES 2020
Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
- Title: Project Officer for Amplifying Voices for Just Climate Action (AVJCA)
- Duty Station: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Report to: Country Engagement Manager
- Duration: 1 (one) year
- Working hours: 20 hours per week
The five-year strategic objective of the AVJCA program is “By 2025, local civil society groups have claimed a central role as empowered innovators, facilitators and advocates of climate solutions”. Our program is about climate justice i.e. climate change is not only an environmental problem to be addressed but also a societal challenge with ethical and human rights aspects. Hence our intention is to build wide societal support for locally shaped climate solutions through an inclusive and rights-based approach. This includes building a broad-based climate alliance at country level, bridging divides (urban-rural, gender, youth), that amplifies voices in new, unusual ways. In addition, we will influence national and global policies and financial flows in support of these locally shaped solutions. The program will be implemented by an alliance of 6 organizations: WWF NL, Hivos, SouthSouthNorth, Akina Mama wa Afrika, Shack Dwellers International, Fundación Avina. During the 5 years’ program period the alliance aims to increase ownership of the program by local CSOs. The program is funded by the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the “Power of Voices” framework.
In general terms, the Project Officer (PO) contributes to the performance of a Hivos project/program, which might be in business development, fund management, program implementation or scaling-up. Project Officer is a generic function. The PO is always a member of a project team and contributes to one or more projects by implementing clearly defined roles and tasks in the Hivos project cycle. Activities relate to various subjects in the fields of research, consultancy or social action and co-creation. The PO works closely with other staff such as the Finance Officer, Bureau Assistant and Communication Officer.
More specifically, the PO supports the AVJCA country engagement manager in a range of tasks, like the selection and procurement of possible partners, liaising with partners and checking progress and deliverables. Next to that, the PO will communicate progress and results of the program to both global program management team as well as Hivos colleagues in other countries and global office. He / she / they is also responsible for the preparation of stories and content for website, new media and other channels and the organization of internal and external events. The PO will assist the DMEL officer and the Country Engagement Manager in outcome harvesting, narrative assessment and other reporting needed for the DMEL program, and prepare partner and Hivos own implementation reporting. The PO will provide logistics and financial support to country engagement manager and financial officer.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develops detailed work plans (results, budget, manpower and risks).
- Realizes successful implementation in accordance with the specific goals, working methods and budgets of the projects.
- Monitors and reports on results in relation to objectives and means, analyses actual and potential risks and problems, contributes to solutions regarding work in progress.
- Contributes to definition of SMART project proposals and evaluation of output and proactively consults Project Manager and other team members.
- Participates in reflection and learning on both the project and institutional level
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
This is a mid-level to senior position for Indonesian:
- This is a medior position for Indonesian:
- Relevant academic level of working and thinking.
- Minimum of three to five years working experience.
- Strong work experience in project implementation, administration and working in teams.
- Experience overseeing and using monitoring and evaluation plans and indicators
- Expertise in relevant sector, theme or region and / or methodology (co-creation, social innovation).
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Demonstrate professional verbal and written communication skill in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Having respect for a humanitarian or humanist principle and willing to work in a non-discriminating, neutral, impartial and gender equal environment.
- Job skills: communication, project management, independence.
- Level skills: conceptual skills, persuasiveness, decisiveness.
What do we offer
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 December 202
Please specify the position name you are applying for (PO AVJCA) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.