INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MIGRATION JOB VACANCIES 2020
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Reference No. : SVN/ID10/2020/051
- Position Title: Senior Resource Management Assistant
- Duty Station: Jakarta
- Organization Unit: DRM
- Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G-7
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term Contract (with possibility of extension)
- Report to: Senior Resource Management Officer
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: 31 December 2020
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (COM), and direct supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO), the incumbent will be responsible for providing support services to the mission’s activities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist SRMO in quality examination of internal control procedures to safeguard the Organization’s assets, control cash and prevent fraud ensuring the compliance of Organization and donor policy.
- Provide support in collecting data for analyzing procurement, financial and administrative set up of Jakarta and sub-offices including segregation of duties.
- Assist SRMO in monitoring the financial activities upholding the cost efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review various accounting documents and records; computes, calculates and verifies various data; and also review transactions that have financial implications to ensure regularity of receipt, custody, and disposal of funds and other financial resources.
- Assist SRMO in developing and enhancing tools and guidelines and assist in the areas of mission risk-assessment review, monitoring, and reporting in the field.
- Undertake field visits and produce detailed reports on findings, improvements, and follow ups. Prepare recommendations for corrective action and improved controls, effectiveness, or efficiency of IOM’s operations based on the findings. Contribute towards enhancing IOM’s internal controls.
Contract administration related activities
- Assist SRMO in administering the contracts and agreement in line with IOM policy, including but not limited to, drafting, reviewing, and giving inputs.
- Act as the contract administration focal point in coordinating with IOM Legal Department and finalizing the draft legal agreement.
- Assist SRMO in tracking and maintaining the Mission legal database, ensure that the required documents are properly archived in the system on a timely basis, including tracking and setting up reminders. Ensure that the contracts are renewed on a timely basis.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration with minimum 5 (five) years relevant work experience, or;
- Completed High School degree with at least 7 (seven) years in relevant work experience.
- Has experience in audit, finance, accounting, or a combination thereof; at least one year of audit or financial controller experience is mandatory;
- Applies knowledge of auditing and The Institute of Internal Auditors’ International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing or other international auditing standards;
- Applies application of institutional policies and guidelines;
- Has experience in analyses and conducts risk assessments;
- Professional certification from a recognized accreditation body (certified public accountant/CPA, chartered accountant/CA, Certified Internal Auditor/CIA, Certified Fraud Examiners/CFE).
- Ability to clear and concise reports and to analyze and interpret source information and data.
- A high level of computer literacy is required, particularly in IOM computerized accounting systems. Knows how to use PRISM/SAP and other IOM / UN tools is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required, both written and spoken.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core competency – behavioral indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioral indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential. Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of Education certificate, and security clearances.
IOM applies the local United Nations Salary Scale.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications in ENGLISH, with:
- Cover letter, clearly specify suitability and availability date
- Complete the Personal History Form which can be downloaded at the following link: CLICK HERE
- Detailed curriculum vitae, including historical salary and a minimum of three referees (preferably former direct supervisors).
Please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the reference code above (SVN/ID10/2020/051) as the subject.
The deadline for applications is 31 December 2020. Candidates applying for this vacancy are required to declare whether they have relatives already working for IOM.
Only applicant who meets the above qualification will be considered